Wednesday, October 18, 2017

What a day!!!

If you read my blog yesterday, you know that I was sequestered at home in my studio with a pile of sewing and pressing.  I started at my normal time of 5 AM or shortly thereafter. It was a LONG, LONG day. Probably the most intense sewing day in my life!  

It would have been one of those days when a camera that periodically takes shots would have been fun. Instead, I grabbed the camera and took a couple of shots. 

This is what the sewing table looked like when I went for breakfast. 

A few things to sew
And the cutting table looked like this.

Cutting table is a tad messy but functional
I had visions that the fronts of the bags would be done by lunch.  HA HA HA HA !!!!!   What an optimist I am!!!

Sewing table at lunchtime
Cut, press, trim, cut, press, trim......................
Oh god - are you kidding me????   How long is all this going to take?????

This is what the table looked like at dinner

AT LAST   - the last one got done about 8 PM.   There were 40 covers in total to do!  And all of them got done. Some parts were together, some were not. So not only did I have to fuse the fusible fleece on the bags, but I had to sew some part of all 40 of them. Perhaps a wee bit more planning was in order! Once the fleece was on, they all had to be trimmed to size.

At last - all done!

40 covers for the tote bag

Then I got out the AccuQuilt and started cutting something else.  While I had never used an AccuQuilt, I've not been a fan, but I have to say that it was very slick to cut what I wanted!!  I'm not sure I would want to cut blocks with it - but who knows.  The applique worked like a charm.

AccuQuilt - worked like a charm for cutting!

Cutting table is in not so bad of shape
There was a lot of trimming so I had to move the garbage right to the cutting table!!!

BIG garbage for all the trimming

I was up early again this morning and got the next project lined up for sewing!

Next project
And the cutting table is looking real good at this point.

The cutting table is in good shape!

I'm not sure how I remained focused for the entire day. But I did.  I managed to sneak outside for a few minutes to soak up a bit of the sun and see that the girls were up to.  But it was an intense day!  Thankfully it's done and onto today!

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a great day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment