Saturday, October 28, 2017

Quilt Market - Schoolhouse

 I'm running late. But I sacrificed a wee bit of time to edit two pictures for you!!

There was more set up yesterday.  And there was Schoolhouse. I had a lot of show and tell for Schoolhouse so I loaded up my wagon and away I went.

Loaded for Schoolhouse
There were more quilts that this but the others brought them. I did a Schoolhouse on all the Northcott basics which when I have more time I can explain.  And you have to see the quilt top that I made in two days instead of months!  I must be crazy.    Shoot I should have edited pictures last night when I couldn't sleep.  I had a hot chocolate just before I went to bed. Must have been the caffeine or it could have been all the noise from outside. I think it was a combination of both! 

I'll try to post some of the quilts that I showed in Schoolhouse so you can pretend that you were there.  The other collection I showed was Maplewood which is on the Northcott website.  It's absolutely stunning.  I'll take pictures of the booth today - should have done that yesterday when no one was around.  My brain is working in slow motion these days.

Needless to say, I'm a bit tired this morning.  Drat - I hate waking up tired. But once I get going, I'll be fine. 

I did manage to sit in on a few other Schoolhouses as well - I was tired by the last one and had trouble staying awake!

Popped out for a quick dinner and then back for Sample Spree. It was a zoo.  But here's the thing - why do they crowd everyone.  Sample Spree was held in a large open space, yet everyone was crowded into the middle?  That didn't make sense at all. So of course, you're tripping over each other and stumbling just to get down the middle of the aisles - never mind getting close to a table.


Sample Spree


I did manage to pick up a few things that were interesting. A pattern - a really cool pattern that might make a class. Two tile packs of fabric and a FQ bundle.  Hey - it was all fairly inexpensive - I do believe I spent less than $100. I found some other great patterns that would be awesome for a class or just to make.  But they were in huge bundles and I didn't want 16 patterns of the same style so I'll see if I can get an individual one today.

Oh, the eye candy that is here will knock your socks off.  It's like being a kid in a candy store, to say the least.  Thankfully I have a lot of meetings and won't necessarily get to walk the floor a whole lot.

My mornings prior to the show are booked up with classes as well although that is a super opportunity to walk the floor when no one is around.  That's what I do at consumer shows when there is no small class before the show.  I'm a sucker for punishment for sure!

As we left the convention center last night (before Sample Spree), the traffic was crazy as people were coming in for the baseball game. Why they wouldn't use public transit is beyond me as there was the train right by the stadium.  They had huge metal barriers in place near the hotel, valet parking was making a killing and the regular parking lot was something like $50.  It was insane.

Our hotel lobby which is normally the quietest spot around was jam-packed with people.  We did manage to snag two seats in the restaurant.  Then once the game started things quieted down, except that I could literally hear cheering from the stadium in my room. As I sit here and look out the window, I see the stadium on the next block.

The crowd in the bar went crazy and I could very clearly hear them as there is an open atrium up through the center of the hotel.  Then once the game got out, everyone walked down the street right under my window.  It was insane.  Once the main part of the crowd went away, it was quieter and I must have fallen asleep!

Oh - I have to run.  I need to get breakfast before my class starts at 8 AM and I still have to walk over there.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment