Sunday, September 2, 2018

Ready to meet some new friends? Part Two

Has anyone opened up a new bank account recently? We tried two different banks as we expected it to be easy - just walk in, show some ID and voila - a bank account.

Not so easy anymore. OH - you can do that online. Well we didn’t want to do it online - we wanted to do it in person. So we ended up at a financial institution where the counter person contacted their call center. We went into a room that had a big screen on the wall that was made for video conferencing. She connected us to the call center so we could chat with Bob and Bob set up us with an account. Seriously - we verbally gave him the information which he typed into the computer. Why couldn’t they do that at the branch? The banking world works in mysterious ways. Ronda? Why is opening an account so weird? I guess, they are trying to get everyone to do everything online these days - even opening an account. We just found it totally bizarre. But it’s done. One more thing off the list.

The quilting business never stops even when I’m away. Since I’ve been away, I’ve made contacts to make two quilts for people. I already have one made of one that someone wanted - I certainly don’t need it - we’re going to work out a price and one more will be gone from the house (hopefully). The second one - we’ll discuss when I get back. No more new quilts to quilt so that is good.

But when I’m back on Wednesday, I’ll be hitting the ground running. There are classes and guild meetings and stuff to prepare. I’ll soon be immersed in the world of quilting. BUT I need to carve out a wee bit of time to deal with that dining room/office. I MUST commit to removing some of the stuff that no longer needs to be there. Even if I can remove two bags of garbage or the equivalent of - I’ll be happy. I need to make it happen and I need to make it happen faster than I’m making it happen now.

We had fun last night after dinner browsing through all those old historical books. They were so formal. Mr so and so did this, Mrs so and so did that, although it was funny as it was the Mr that were listed on the building commitment and the Mrs that were listed on the entertainment committee. No first names - just Mr. Edinborough or Mr Bater. We had a good laugh and it really was interesting to go through those documents that were over 100 years old in some cases.

What is amazing is that that little community (Baljennie) rose and fell within about 70 years as did many other small communities in this country. The railroad came in, the town got a post office and other status and then technology or efficiency killed the railroad and the rest went down hill from there. The little village existed for more than 60 years, but the heyday lasted about 70 years.

Well that’s about it for today. I now have some research to do and I have to get that blog post for the blog hop prepped.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment