Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A temporary slow down!

I did something on Sunday that I haven't done in a long long time. I went shopping. No NOT serious shopping - just errand shopping.  I managed to get my hair cut - a bit of drive there and back, made it to Chapter's and waited in line, pet food store, Staples, Fabricland, the grocery store and Tim's. Five hours - can you tell, I'm not the browsing kind?  The economy would wither and die on the amount of stuff that I buy! 

Needless to say, I didn't get much done in the way of sewing at home. However, I did get one thing checked off the list. 

I had made these two stockings for Market. But I had forgotten to put a hanger on them. How stupid is that?  It would be hard to hang them up to show them without the hanger. Of course, they were top stitched and I tried to insert the hanger, but it didn't look right, so I picked them apart and started over (well almost over). And they look just fine!!!!  Here's the link to the collection - it's called Santa Claus is Coming to Town. It will be in stores in May. 

Two stockings  - DONE
Somewhere along the way, I inherited more stockings and I decided to make them up so they could be donated to people in need of Christmas stockings. 

I had FOUR pairs of stockings. I got them all quilted up last night and cut out. However, when I went to assemble them, I saw this. 

OOOPS - not a good match
Even the tops were not even
Oh crud - that means, I have to put something different on the back and this will result in FOUR stockings now.  Not a huge deal, but I have to do more quilting for the new backs.  

At first, I thought both pairs were like this, but the second ones were OK. 

Stocking panels MATCHED.
Phew - so these ones just need to be sewn together and have a lining inserted AND a hanger. That shouldn't take too long. I really only needed TWO stockings so these ones will suffice. The other ones will get done - I'm in a focus focus focus mode these days, so not starting something until these are DONE!!!!

And as a present to myself, I opened up this box to do the quilting. This is the new sewing machine that I'll be testing for QUILTsocial. It's a Husqvarna Viking - my favorite!  I had been using my own machine, but I HATE the extension table on it. After using the new one from Husqvarna, the new one is the best.   Scroll down this QUILTsocial post to see the extension table on the Husqvarna Viking Opal 690Q.  


What's in the box?

My old extension table has a squared edge and things catch on it. I hate it, but the new extension table won't fit on my old machine!  Sorry - you don't get to see what's in the box until January 23!

Well - it's time to get to work!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment