Thursday, December 1, 2016

Progress report


I'm making great progress on the projects that I scheduled for this week.  There were 20 items in total on the list (including quilting THREE quilts and sewing TWO quilt tops together).  I don't think I'm going to get everything completed, but then perhaps I was too ambitious with 20 items. It's all a learning experience.  I'll be sharing more details about that with you later on.

Here is one of the quilts that I quilted this week. (In case you're wondering, I have 1/2 of the second quilt to piece and quilt - the others on the list are already done!)

Customer T-shirt quilt

It's a T-shirt quilt and I love how they quilt up when they are 100% stabilized.  Easy and a great souvenir!

In between projects and puttering, I have to say that the studio is looking a whole lot better. Not perfect, but at least I can walk around and not trip over stuff.  I'm putting away, sorting, stacking and making up.  It's all good.


Studio is looking better




Here are the results of a survey about what quilters want for Christmas. Check it out.  What's on your Christmas list?  I have to say there is NOTHING on my Christmas list. I've decided that I don't want anything for Christmas. I certainly don't need fabric! No, that isn't 100% correct.  I do have ONE thing on my list and I'm going to buy it for myself.  I want a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. I already know what charm I want. I just need time to go and pick it up.

What I really want and I know I'll get it - is a nice day full of peace and quiet - well as much quiet as I'll get when Miss Lexi demands to go to the dog park!  I plan to sew all day - can't wait!  But maybe, I'll read my book.  Who knows.

I just discovered something about Christmas.  The radio station that I listen to has been playing Christmas music exclusively for at least one week and they will continue until Boxing Day.  Oh boy! I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to take it. And have you noticed how many SAD Christmas songs there are?  Holy smokes - parents on their deathbeds, wife ran off, no one to buy presents for. It's really depressing to listen to.  I want the Jingle Bell kind of music ALL DAY LONG.  Not this sad stuff.

What amazes me about Christmas is the expectations.  Society says we should be out there partying, eating, and with friends and family.  Why???  Why don't we let people know that it's OK to be alone on Christmas? If you're happy with that, then why isn't society???   I like a nice quiet day and no one is going to make me feel guilty or sad about that!

On a happier note, I'll be teaching at Quilt Canada 2017 in Toronto (June 2017).  Check out the webpage for the list of classes including mine.  I'm teaching ONE class and TWO lectures.

Teachers for CQA  are listed here.

And on that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment