Saturday, May 13, 2023

Jen Kingwell quilt update!

OH, NO --- should I buy Murphy a special bed to keep her out of the flowers! I see them at PetSmart, and well, I don't know about her and an outdoor dog bed! It might be something, but I bet she'll be back in the leaves before I know it! I'll ask her what she thinks!

OMG --- I just checked, and you can buy FOLDING dog beds for outdoors. I better keep her away from the computer, or who knows what she will want. Maybe she wants one with a canopy? 

Meanwhile, on hot days, there is Lexi stretched out in the sun on the deck. And I thought she was a princess? Nope -- she's a sun dog! 

Both of them love the new comb I purchased. I think I've combed TWO dogs out of Lexi, and there's still loads of hair. Her hair is so thick I can put my fingers into her fur and see the finger holes. 

My finger holes in Lexi's fur coat

While she loves the comb (and the rake), her skin is sensitive, or I have a heavy hand, and we can only do it for a limited time. Then she kicks up a fuss and moves on. But with the comb, she'd take a break and then return for more! Silly girl!

Personally, I think Murphy just likes to lie in the mud! Fully stretched out, with the body of her bear behind her and the head in front. And there's quite a bit of stuffing in between the two bits. 


MOM -- I'm happy in the mud!

She is right by the filter and trying desperately NOT to put the ball in the filter. 

MOM -- I did NOT drop that ball there



MOM -- just hanging out


But she has developed a nasty habit of barking - just for fun, which Mom doesn't find funny. And more ball playing was done. She LOVES searching for it and has quite a set of paths under those bushes. 

Murphy searching for the ball


Exciting news - the cinema near my house is opening on May 17. I walked past the other day and didn't see a sign, but someone sent this to me! Yeah!!! I want to see The Book Club but can't book tickets yet. There is a massive arcade in there, and since it's close to TWO high schools, you can imagine it'll be jammed. I saw them interviewing candidates when I walked past. 


Opening soon!


So I've been struggling with one of the sergers. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the tension right. I've been working on the other serger and had the SAME issue come up. OK -- so this cannot be the serger, and I was right. A little more investigation revealed it was OPERATOR ERROR. The worst part is that it's something I tell people to check IMMEDIATELY if they run into difficulty, and I didn't do that. 

Lesson learned! Pay attention to what you say because it's pretty valuable information. Needless to say, I am now back in business with the serger and got stuff accomplished yesterday. Not nearly as much as I would like, but I'm making progress. It's all about learning, and it really doesn't take long -- make a few samples, understand the tools, and you are good to go! 


I managed to get the binding on my Long Time Gone quilt. So of the four Jen Kingwell quilts I taught, two are completely done, one needs to be quilted, and I fell behind on the fourth one, so I still have to make some blocks and the applique border. I have until the end of this year to complete them, and so far so good. 


My Long Time Gone - DONE! 


Some people are going gangbusters and making significant progress, others not so much, even on the THIRD time round. Perhaps they need to shelf the project permanently. If they haven't touched it now with all the motivation of the classes, they will never finish it on their own. Just saying...............


The binding on Long Time Gone


Here are some pictures of tree blooms I snapped on my walk to and from the grocery store. So pretty!


Tree blossoms

More blossoms


Well, one presentation was done last night, and there are three today. Two of the three are ready to go, and the pictures for the third one are ready to put in the presentation. That shouldn't take too long, and I have some time between presentations to make that happen. I HATE being this rushed, but I've no one to blame but myself. 


Remember, if you are in the Kingston or Regina area, check out these events. You WILL learn my mistake with the serger and many other tips. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be at Stitch by Stitch in Kingston on May 18 and 19. 

May 18 (10 - 1) is Embroidery - Where to Begin (Husqvarna Viking)
May 18 (6 - 9) is Accessories, Attachments, and More (Husqvarna Viking)

May 19 (9 - 12) Garment Sewing Techniques (PFAFF)
May 19  (2 - 5) Accessories, Attachment, and More (PFAFF)


The accessories and attachments are geared to specific brands of machines. The other two will focus on the particular brand of machines, but there will be loads of tips and tricks for EVERYONE, regardless of your machine brand. You do NOT need top-of-the-line machines for any of them. They are all lectures/demos, so come, sit back and relax and learn! 

This is the place to ask questions, so get signed up! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan. 





May 23 (9 - 12) Quilting

May 23 (1 -4) Quilting

May 24 (9 - 12) Serging

May 24 (1 - 4) Serging

Again, these are lectures/demos, so all you need to do is come and listen. I have loads of samples to inspire and loads of tips to share, and we're going to have a super time! Even if you've been quilting for a long time, there's sure to be something new to inspire, and as for the serger class? Well, I know some of you are terrified of your serger, and trust me -- you won't be when we're done! Loads of tips and tricks to make you WANT to get that serger out! 


Check your calendars and get signed up!! You'll be sorry if you miss these events. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI -- the Virtual Retreat is on May 27 and 28 this month. 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have almost six hours of the Louise Penny book (How the Light Gets In), and it better end how I think it should, or I'll be mad! The big, dark issue underlying the last several books is coming to an end. I hope it gets resolved, and we can go on and have "happy" murder investigations in the future! 


On that note, I'm out of here!


Have a super day!!


Ciao!!!






 


 






 


 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment