Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Technology woes

I'm not the only one who got advice to use toe stretchers. One of the ladies in the Monday Sewing group uses socks with built-in toe stretchers. They are called toe alignment socks; I had never seen them before. Read this article on that web page to see why you should get something to realign your feet. 

And if you look online, there are all kinds of toe stretchers. I bought the first pair I found, but I'll look for something different for the next set (if I need one). I like mine, but they may be too big for my feet. No worries, it all seems to be working, and that's fine by me. My feet feel amazing!

As you know, I have a love/hate relationship with technology, and I rarely answer my cell phone, or if I do - it's to tell the person I'll call them on my landline. I answered numerous calls yesterday, and all were crappy, even when I was outside and away from the house. I heard from Diane that someone near her was also having issues, and Diane is near my house. 

I must get on Bell and see what the heck is going on. It is NOT the phone, it is NOT my house, but it's this area. Can I be the only one with issues? Certainly not! Time to contact the neighborhood group and see what's going on. I'm getting very tired of this issue. 

And then there's my computer. My e-mail sometimes syncs on its own, and sometimes it doesn't. I have to "encourage" it, which is a challenge. Oh well -- I'm getting used to both issues, but imagine what life would be like when you could actually talk to someone on your cell phone! 

I have a landline, thank goodness, but here's the thing. Do you remember dialing ONE before long-distance calls? What is a long-distance call on a cell phone? It doesn't exist, but it does on a landline. So I dial and then get a message, "This is a long-distance call; please hang up and dial again!" Sigh...............

I know -- it's all first-world problems, but I'd like for ONE day to have all my technologies working as they should. 

It was a silly day yesterday because I spent way more time than I should have on the phone (landline) and Zoom. That puts me in a time crunch, but we must NOT panic. Just slow and steady will get me out of the mess. I realize now that it's the writing that bogs me down. I don't want to give it up, but I must NOT procrastinate. I'm making good progress, but it leaves little room for other things, and I have other things to do!


My redo of the embroidery is done! Thank goodness that Lorraine caught the spelling error, and it's all fixed, and this version looks MUCH better than the previous one, so it was meant to be. 

So it's time to try out some of the new socks. I recently purchased this pair (Smartwool), so let's see how this goes. I can definitely see that bigger shoes are going to be in order to allow my feet to swell in the heat. And the shoes I already have are BOATS!

The SmartWool sock


I should mention that the podiatrist LIKED my shoes (HOKA) when I went to see him. Often you see a medical person, and they say you need to wear better footwear. But I passed on that account. New Balance or HOKA will be my footwear of choice. Not cheap, but then is anything cheap these days? 

So Murphy is persistent, and I mean persistent. I'm having lunch, and look what rolls up to my chair. 



Wait - what's this?


I glance at the door, and yes -- she dropped it, and it rolled right to me! And who says dogs are not intelligent? I don't mind playing, but she will NEVER tire of playing ball. NEVER! 

Mom -- can you come out and play ball?

I desperately need to clean up some of this crap in my office. There is much "to do" stuff in piles on the floor and this tray of fabric. As I got up to do something, I stepped on the tray, and everything (that was sorted) spilled out. Sigh...................


Oops!


Got this gorgeous Mom's Day card from M. It's hard to see, but that is all quilling in the card. Super cute!!! Then she called me, and I stood in the backyard with the call until it eventually crapped out completely. GRRRRRRR. I didn't even get my entire walk as I was trying to make a call, and if I moved, the call crapped out. So I'm standing in the middle of a park on the phone. Are the trees causing issues? 

Mom's Day card


That about covers it for today. I'm trying to pack for the Kingston trip on Thursday and Friday, trying to finish off the writing; I have one more software class this morning, plane tickets that need to be booked or changed, and car rentals to deal with -- it never ends! 


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!


5 comments:

  1. If you end up needing a wider toebox, I am on my 3rd pair of Altra brand. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toe stretchers are everywhere! My husband has one for his bunion and one of my friends here at retreat is wearing her toe stretcher sock right now! We first heard about them from my sister in law who had her's on when we visited last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it be sunspots? I can't remember if we were having them the last time you had problems, but we definitely are now. It's affecting my phone and wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could get Myrphy a ball launcher and teach her to put her ball in it after she fetches it so it would get thrown again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have numerous pairs of smartwool socks. I wear them year-round.

    ReplyDelete