Sunday, May 28, 2023

Memories

I'm glad that some of the posts are bringing back memories for people. Working in those old warehouses in Regina! And yes -- it's flat in that area unless you live in the Qu'Appelle Valley -- that is NOT flat, and that's a big hill if you're on a bike! Ask me how I know!


I hope everyone had fun at the Virtual Retreat last night -- I didn't make it. Sorry -- I'll try to stop by sometime today. 

And if you want to know who wore it best? The dog came out on top! Sorry Dillon and M, but he's just cute! 

Had a great day visiting with family and catching up. The three siblings are not often together, so we've had great fun reminiscing. And we are getting those important discussions underway and making good headway. It's fantastic when five people have the SAME goal, and now we just need to find the best route to get there. A few more discussions are to be had this week. 

I felt a wee bit guilty as I cut off the lids of the pizza boxes in preparation for putting them on the table for dinner at my parents. Just remember that my Mom is a hoarder, and well, a box is a box. So I found the scissors and hacked them off. I could feel her eyes GLARING at me while I did it, but she didn't say a word! I got caught a previous time when she asked for them as we were getting ready to put them in the recycling. I wasn't going to be caught in that situation again. God only knows -- she kept the cardboard for something. Sigh....................


The blog will be short today -- not that I have much to say since not much is happening. But I've been up early as I have two presentations today. And I messed up the time. In my mind, I thought they would happen at 11 ish, but NOT -- I went the wrong way with the time, and they will be at 7 AM. No worries -- everything is prepped. 

Well, shoot -- my pictures are sent, but my e-mail won't sync at the moment, so you may not get pictures. 

I bought bandaids for my healing blister. I did NOT put them on when I took a walk yesterday; I didn't need to wear them the day I walked 32 KM. But guess what I'm sporting today in that weak spot on the side of my heel? Yep - a darn blister. I have no one to blame but myself. It seems to be fine this morning, I drained it last night and kept the thread in there, and all seems well. So when walking today, it will be sandals or bandaids with socks and shoes. 

I almost hate to wear sandals around here with all the ticks and other bugs. OK -- so I know why I moved from Saskatchewan! Yes -- we have bugs and ticks, but it just seems fewer back home. OH MY GOD - I've become a big city girl!

Wait -- here are the pictures. 


There is a new subdivision near where my brother lives, so that was my walking destination yesterday. I didn't get a chance to walk right to it as it was further than I wanted to walk. But we did drive through it last night. OK, these estates are extremely private with 13 - 15 acre lots. What would I do with all that space? The place is called Battle Ridge Estates, and well, ridge makes me think I might have a view. Well, no view!!! I mean, there is a view, sort of, but nothing spectacular like the river. 


The view from the high point


But the price is right if someone wanted some land and to get away from it all! 


Last night, Mom pulled out some photos that we had fun looking at. 


Dad and his sister

That's a photo of my Dad and his sister. I don't know that Dad looks like himself, but my aunt is easily recognizable! 

Having these moments is good, as I know these conversations with parents won't last forever. We live far apart and only get to visit once a year. Dad is 90 -- you do the math! However, his Dad lived until he was 100!!!


Well, it's time to go and get set up for my Zoom calls. I tried to push stuff around while I was here, and I managed to do that for a couple of classes, but I didn't want to push all of them, and I had no weekends free to make that happen. So that is why commitments have to be reduced for next year. 


Here's the link for the Virtual Retreat TODAY -- Sunday, May 28. It starts at NOON EST. 


Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86119598156?pwd=ZDFxcElxS0NmeTRjczdSR2FXd3N2Zz09

Meeting ID: 861 1959 8156
Passcode: 053861


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment