Monday, June 26, 2023

Back in the saddle!

The weekend is over, and four lazy days of sewing are on the agenda for this week - I can hardly wait to get started! But it'll be a late start as I have my knee ultrasound at 1:30 PM. And that's OK -- it's a perfect excuse to be late for a sewing retreat! How long will it take to see someone to discuss the results? 

After the two Zooms yesterday, it was time for the Virtual Retreat, and I hadn't sewn for so long that I honestly didn't know where to start. 

But I had a helper, so to speak.  

MOM -- just catching a few ZZZs





Let's say that she came with baggage! That darn ball is with her always! Sorry -- I changed the ratio of the photos on my phone and forgot to change it back. Something I'm constantly reminding others to do! 

MOM -- did you see - I brought my ball downstairs! 

 

On Saturday, we finished up with our year-long scrappy class. One of the students is very prolific when it comes to making scrap quilts, and it's partially because she is PREPPED. She cuts her scraps into 2½" square and other sizes. Usually, I'm not a fan of that, but in this instance, it makes a lot of sense. 

So I went to my scrap boxes and evaluated the situation -- what could I easily take to cut. So I grabbed these two OVERFLOWING boxes of brown scraps. 


My overflowing boxes of brown scraps


It's time to deal with this mess. So I've got a couple of containers, and I'll be cutting 2½" by 4½" rectangles and 2½" squares, and they will go into their own container. Then I can start to use them as enders and leaders! As much as I want to "save" those scrap boxes for when I downsize, this is a bit much! I'm also taking two boxes and one bag of green scraps, and those need to be organized to make it easier to use for my 365-day quilt. And there's one box of beige scraps that I'm taking as well. So it's going to be a scrappy retreat! 

Before I did much in Studio B, I had to clean up a bit. The cutting table looked like this - not much cutting will happen until a bit of that is put away. I'm happy to report that HALF of the cutting table (all you see in the photo) has been stored back in its proper place. 

The cutting table is a mess!


I still have this tub of fleece to deal with. but that'll have to wait until I'm back. 

Fleece bits to sort



And that extra table is still sitting there, so it got a few things placed on it, and I'll have to deal with that when I'm back as well. A good part of that needs to be sorted for Diane, and I was hoping to get stuff to her before I left, but it'll have to wait until next week. 

More stuff to sort



Today should be the LAST day of my 20-day streak for geocaching. When I started, I didn't think I could do it, but here it is, the last day! This was the one I got on Saturday, which was pretty easy. As a matter of fact, there were TWO containers in the same tree! 



Two containers in one tree



The one yesterday was a bit of a challenge. It's somewhere in this photo, but I bet you can't find it. I searched for about 10 minutes and had no luck. Yep -- the people driving past in their cars were probably wondering why some grown woman was feeling up and down all those fence posts! I was about to give up when I went back and checked one spot I had not looked in before, and there it was. Number 19! I have to say there is a lot of satisfaction in finding these darn things. Many people go out in groups, which is fun, but if you have an eagle eye in your group, are you really finding the cache? Or just being part of the group that found it? I like to go alone, so I can honestly say I found it! 


There's a cache here! 


We've had some unsettled weather the last few days. OK -- admit it -- EVERY DAY is unsettled weather. But I got these photos on my way home from the mall. The sky was dark in front of me and behind me, but I didn't get caught in the rain! 

Unsettled skies

Unsettled skies


OH -- here's my Studio B helper again. 


MOM -- I know you're taking a picture! 


And there is GOOD news from Studio B. I managed to finish these ten blocks for my 365-day quilt. Seven were complete and had been for months, but three were missing some fabrics. So I cut and sewed, and now I've completed the blocks until March 10. A wee bit behind, to say the least, but that's my goal for the next couple of days -- get another 20 complete. 


Ten more blocks for the 365-day quilt



And the binding got put on my Wanderer's Wife, making THREE Jen Kingwell quilts DONE and one left to go. I'll be working on that next month - it would be nice to complete all the blocks, and I think there are three to go. None of which will take long once I get myself going. 

The binding on Wanderer's Wife


And on that note, I still have a few follow-up e-mails to send from some classes, and then it's Monday sewing. I did not make it to spin class this morning. Between my knee and the storm, I didn't get much sleep. I HATE when that happens as it throws me off, and I have barely recovered from last week's craziness. But it is what it is, and I'll find time for a nap in the day. 


OH -- I did work on something else yesterday in Studio B, but I'm not sharing it with you yet. It's been sitting on my sewing table for MONTHS, and I'm happy to report that I've figured out what to do with it and trying to use up all the scraps! 


On that note, I'm out of here! 

Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!

2 comments:

  1. I finally had a day where I could sew and felt up to it. My left knee is getting to the point where I am going to have to have surgery. Just not yet. I want to get through summer first. I want to be a hands on grandma this summer!

    Oh, what I made today was: 3 laundry bags, which are something I like to make for high school grads on their way to college and a pillow case for an adorable grandson who has a birthday this week!
    I hope to s ew a little each day this summer. I plan to make it a priority.
    I hope your knee scan has good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add my name to my comment! Torry

    ReplyDelete