Sunday, June 25, 2023

Toes in the Sand reveal

Oh my --- I promised to do the reveal for Toes in the Sand. I even set it up to prep the post while I was away, but I never got to write it out. So guess what? Today is the reveal for the Toes in the Sand class. 

The class was hosted by Thimbles and Things, and we started in October 2022. The final class happened earlier this month. 

I'm not sure how many people were in the class -- I didn't count, but we had 44 people who either produced a completed quilt (one), finished quilt tops (many), or started the blocks but didn't have a chance to quite finish! What you'll find below are pictures of what they accomplished. Some people aren't good at providing up-to-date photos, so I'm sure some progress is even more than we see! I quickly counted, and we had 2/3 participation in this class! Yeah!!!!


For those who aren't aware, Jaybird Quilts first published the Toes in the Sand quilt about 11 years ago. This is the cover of the original pattern. I purchased the original pattern with the intention o making it someday. That never happened. 

The original Toes in the Sand pattern


Then the pattern was released with Tula Pink fabrics for a 10th-anniversary splash, and well, you know what happens when Tula's name and fabric get associated with anything. It goes gangbusters. So it was decided that now was the time to make the quilt. 

The 10th-anniversary patern

I'm not going to comment on each quilt - there are too many, but I want to say that everyone stepped up to the plate with their choices of colors, choosing an appropriate background, switching up the setting, and the sizes of the blocks. Let's just say that they all had fun. A couple started down one path in the color world and substituted blocks; their quilts are stunning. 

I won't go into details -- that's why you need to sign up for one of my classes to get the inside scoop! And in case you're wondering about those classes, I'm still figuring out the offerings for fall, and as soon as I know -- you'll know.

 And so sit back and enjoy the show. 




Bonnie

Brenda


Cathie (Number one)


Cathie (Number two)


Christy


Colleen


Debra


Donna


Elaine (my quilt)


Elizabeth


Evelyn


Gillian


Heather


Jana


Jackie


Janet


Joanne


Jody


Kathi


Kathy


Keira


Leslie


Lillian


Lucy


Lorraine


Lynda


Lynn


Marcia


Marcia


Margot


Maryke


Maureen


Monica


Rose


Sandra


Sharon


Shirley


Susannah


Sonya


Susan N


Susan P


Val 


Wendy


Zildi






Wasn't that amazing??? I love teaching these classes, even though they take up a lot of time. But looking at the end results just blows me away!!

Way to go, everyone -- thanks for participating in the class -- it was loads of fun. And now to get the final two borders on mine and find some backing and binding. That sounds like an excellent job for the Virtual Retreat. 

Remember that today is a Virtual Retreat. 

June 25 - starts at NOON. 

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86119598156?pwd=ZDFxcElxS0NmeTRjczdSR2FXd3N2Zz09

Meeting ID: 861 1959 8156
Passcode: 053861




Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!! 














































































No comments:

Post a Comment