Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Paved paths

What a surprise when the girls and I took our morning walks to find this. 

The path is paved!!!


Yes, all five entrances are now precisely the same as before. I suspected it late in the afternoon the day before because I could smell the tar on one path, which is relatively close to our backyard, and I thought I could hear the equipment. 

But as before, they only go so far, and they stop. How they determine that length is beyond me. As I said, some paved parts are short and yet quite long in one section. 


The pavement just ends!

In this case, the pavement goes from this point to the street, which is off in the distance in this photo. 


The longer path

But for some reason, they won't pave this little patch. 

An unpaved patch

It has some kind of circle base, and they just leave it as is. This is another mystery of how the city works. 

A base of plastic circles



It's just very weird how they chose the start of the pavement. But it doesn't matter—the pavement is back. 
One more path


One entrance never had pavement, and it still does not, yet this part gets muddy.  


An unpaved entrance

It was another busy day. Some of the Monday sewing group went out for lunch, so I knew I had to finish most of my stuff in the morning, even my walk! I was going to walk to the restaurant, but I knew I was getting a few things from the Pony Express, so I had to drive. 

This is what I took. 

What I took on the Pony Express



And this is what I came home with. 

What I came home with on the Pony Express


It's not exactly how I want things to work, but that's OK. I was expecting all of it, and I'll process it and move it along. 

On my walk, I stopped and got the Goo-Gone, which allowed me to remove the sticky stuff from the tin and those two thimbles. 

The stickiness is gone from these items



I still have one thimble to glue back together, but the rest of them are finally back on the shelf. 

The thimble collection



I may be slow, but I eventually get there!!! On my way home from the restaurant, I dropped a box off at the thrift store, so now I have a 20% coupon to use whenever I want! Those are very handy, and while I could save up my giveaway boxes and make one trip, the thrift store is close to my house, so if I have an outside errand in the car, I drop off a box when it's full. That gets it out of my house, and no danger of me going back into the box. Plus, you can get a coupon for every donation! 


One more quilt got quilted. It's a little one, but still - it's done. 

Community projects quilt - DONE


And one more binding is complete. 

Community project quilt with binding



I hoped to get the other two bindings on, but at least the quilts are trimmed. I'm taking a wee break today and have a giant customer quilt on the long arm ready for later today. That will allow me to get those bindings caught up!!!

And yes -- the journey on the two Cabin in the Woods continues. I won't share what's happening, but it's all exciting.

It was so exciting that as I lay in bed this morning, my mind went to the next project for the UFO class. I could go for another applique, but seriously? Don't I need a break from applique? I was trying to visualize what other UFOs I have and what I could pick. There are many, and yet nothing came to mind. So I got up and dug out my book with the lists. 

The book of lists


Hmmm --- Oh yes -- I had forgotten about some of these projects, which is why I made the lists. I picked an easy project for the next time (yes -- I am determined to finish the Cabin in the Woods by our next class). Then the question was - where is that project? I had to search through three tubs before I found it, but that took less than five minutes. I can see myself going through those tubs under the long arm and creating an inventory of them, just like I've done for my "to be quilted" pile. That will happen in a bit. 

I'll need to cross-reference the UFO list to ensure that everything that is a UFO gets on that list, and well, I'll figure out how to make it work when I get there. But an inventory (and labels and lists) of everything under the long arm would be great. 

Of course, my helper was back yesterday! Isn't it wonderful to see how clear that floor is? It is very exciting and so easy to keep clean. I may have some stuff on Mount Projects, but the floor is clear! That's a new rule at my house. NOTHING sits on the floor. 


Mom - I'm here for you!!!


Last night, I was sitting in the chair, and Miss Murphy was asleep in her bed. I happened upon a video of someone calling a dog or something, and look how alert she became in an instant!!! She was so cute and ready for action. But I told her it was bedtime, and she settled right down. But if I call her in from the backyard for bed, that's another story. She's slow as molasses on that one. I think they call that selective hearing! 

MOM -- what's happening? I'm ready! 

The change in temperature has been pretty drastic. The windows are still wide open in our house—well, some of them—and it felt cold, so before I walked the girls, I checked the temperature. TWELVE! I put long pants on! 

Even Miss Murphy finds it cool and is back curling up in her tiny dog bed!!! 


MOM - it's cold!!!



Oh yes -- I managed to get some stuff cut for one of my upcoming projects, but I need to have a significant cutting session later today, or it's going to become a mad dash to get all that work done. I'm also big on visualizing this stuff in my head, so all I need now is the time to make it happen. I'd like to get those ten quilts out of the way and then I can focus on those projects. I have the time, so all is good.  

And WAIT—there's a virtual retreat this weekend, Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. Be sure to pop by and say hello. I had initially scheduled it for the following weekend because I'm not supposed to be home yet! I gave myself the entire month off. But the following weekend is the long weekend, so this one works better.  

Here are the links:


Saturday, August 24

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89816483795?pwd=Mjc3M3pvVmZPdjdsQzlHS3Zhck52dz09

Meeting ID: 898 1648 3795
Passcode: 248667


Sunday, August 25

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82983517671?pwd=ODdsa1FJenQwdFNaQWFTNGd4bEhPZz09

Meeting ID: 829 8351 7671
Passcode: 117636


On that note, I'm off to spin class and then back to work!! I take advantage of the times when I'm 100% motivated. I want to get as much done as I can. But I have to say that by dinner time, I'm done! Which is good—I'd rather go to bed exhausted than bored—I said that earlier this week—I know!!!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lexi and Murphy beware. If you did not know there is a very important role in your house “Nothing sits on the floor.” You May want head for the high ground. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie!!! I know - our Mom is trying to find us a job so we can earn our keep! It's hard to find good dog parents these days!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see the huge quilt! And the stack of bindings you'll accomplish while babysitting the LA.

    Happy Wednesday :-) I'm off to my cardio class and a long walk after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of cardio class do you do???? That's ambitious to do cardio and then go for a walk!!!

      Delete