Thursday, March 8, 2012

All it needs is a QUILT......................


Yesterday was the OPEN HOUSE for the brand new LifeTime Athletic gym that is located somewhat close to my house.

I was there for HOURS. OK - I am sick, but have a look at these pictures - the place is GORGEOUS.......


The indoor pool area - there is ANOTHER pool to the right of this photo

The outdoor pool area (note the colour of the sky)

Same area different angle

Lockers in the change room and each has its own combination lock - no need to have things stolen because you forgot your lock 

Towels - lots and lots of towels

Part of the change room - sorry - very hard to get some of the pictures. Granite benches - lots of light.

The hot tub in the change room

The seam room in the change room 

The weigh scale (on the left). In the above picture you can see the metal thing you stand on - on the floor. This other gizmo is the water extractor for your bathing suit (how cool is that!!!!!)

The LOUNGE area in THE CHANGE ROOM (I say - bring on a quilt and I could live here)

One of the massage rooms in the FULL SERVICE SPA/SALON




Rows of cardio equipment

More cardio

Each has its own TV


The THREE basketball courts. Basically a HUGE gym - hey a GREAT place for a quilt show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the class studios

Weight machines

More weight machines

The cycle studio
The cycle class. I decided to NOT take this class. OK - see the lady in the bottom right -  do you think she could have shown more cleavage? They were almost falling out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weights in the class studios

Free weights


More of the free weight area

THE free weights

Pilates - looks more like torture to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOUR squash courts

Soccer pitch

The group area for the trainers. The guy on the left in the SWEAT stained gray shirt is the OWNER of the entire chain. He taught the cycle class and then was on this floor. Honestly - he was like a KID. So enthusiastic and so into everything. And in AMAZING SHAPE

The cafe

Know what this is?????????

The top of the rock climbing wall

THE wall

Parking lot

ONE of the many lounge areas throughout the gym. I swear - they need quilts - but then no one would go home

Lounge area behind the reception desk

The reception desk

Outside pool area - LOOK AT the sky colour now (OK - so I was there for a while!!!!!)

Hey - what's that in the background???????

Water slides of course

The gym from the pool area

The front

The wall from outside



OH MY GOODNESS - this place is massive. And I'm excited. This might be just what I need to get back into the swing of things. 

I ended up taking the yoga class and I realize that I did NOT get pictures of the yoga room. It is so nice - curtains on the walls, LIVE music last night. Turns out it was HOT yoga. Thought I was going to die as I hadn't really eaten anything. ooops. But I survived and thought I would pay the price this morning, but NOTHING. Yeah - that is a good thing. 

Only saw TWO people that I knew last night - Alwin and a mom from the swim team. 

Everyone I chatted with was buzzing - are you a member????   what is the cost????   will they be able to maintain the look, the cleaniness, the class schedule?????    Going to be interesting to see how it works out and amazing how many families were there. An interesting mix of people - but then it was open to everyone. Tomorrow it is open ONLY to members. That will be different. 

I hooked and I don't think it will be a big contest as to whether I keep the old membership or not. But then I MUST go often to justify the cost. So I am going for a pedicure today (OK that doesn't count since I have to pay for that, but I've been dying for a pedicure for months) and then going back for more yoga tonight. 


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11











2 comments: