Monday, March 19, 2012

Christmas Club - March reveal - part two


(I am scheduling this blog to post tomorrow morning - let's hope it works cause I'll be at the gym when it gets posted)


OK - what a crazy day. Yes we had pampered sit n sew, but I seemed to spend the entire day watching my embroidery machine stitch out a couple of designs. Thank goodness the girls brought small projects and hand sewing so little pressing and seam ripping was required as the embroidery kept me busy. Yikes - I even forgot to take a picture of the embroidery designs. Shoot - well maybe next time. And no time to take pictures of what the girls were working on - well some of what was worked on was a secret so that couldn't be posted anyway!!!!!!

Here is the second part of the reveal for the Christmas Club. This time - the blocks are for O Tannenbaum. The original quilt....................


Ooops - sorry this is so small, but you get the idea of what the final quilt will look like.
The homework blocks for this month...................

These are my untrimmed blocks. Actually the requirement was the gold center block and at LEAST one of the three colour blocks.


Let's see how well they did....................

Oh now the blocks are all the same and since we paper pieced them - it is hard to change them, but look at the difference the different colour choices makes.
Helen Anne

Flo Bl.

Raili (she didn't piece the center because there is a tree that gets appliqued on it) and shaded her fabric light to dark

Nancy - also did not piece the entire center of the gold block

Linda P - who took those reds into shades of brown and a tan/beige center - not gold

Kristin

Liz

Annadele

Suzi

Marlene

Linda VL

Flo Be





Tony


Again - EVERYONE got their homework done!!!!!   And they are all so different. Going to be fun to see the end result!!!!!


The homework (which I don't have a picture of) - the schoolhouse block and prepare the applique for the tree.


That is it for me - I've been working on one of my secret projects (and finished a secret block) today besides hosting the ladies and I'm beat. My neck is sore and I'm going to read.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: