Friday, March 23, 2012

Check the MIRROR!!!!!!!!


Well ANOTHER whirlwind day. Honestly there are times when I would love to run away from all these commitments. Since running away is NOT an option - I must start saying NO. Anyway - I talked about that yesterday and I am going to be FIRM.

And kids don't help the problem. Mom - I NEED this. When I ask???   TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1   Why do they wait until the last minute and then expect me to JUMP. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
So while I was at Shopper's, I decided to take my blood pressure - JUST FOR FUN. Now my blood pressure is LOW NORMAL which means about 94 over 60 (in that range). Oh by the way - I found an EXCELLENT chart for blood pressure - check this out.


Blood Pressure Chart

This is the best chart I have found. Anyway - my LOW NORMAL blood pressure jumped to NORMAL. Doesn't surprise me. That means SOMETHING has to be done. Of course - I was probably the worse cause of my blood pressure increase. This deadline is KILLING me. However I am happy to report that I am almost DONE!!!!!   I never did tell you what I did for those missing pieces - well I dug through the scrap bin on my cutting table and found a few more pieces and was able to piece FOUR additional sections. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!   One of them has THREE seams in it, but since others were pieced (that is how they came) - it won't be a big deal. Now I am down to the last border and most of it is prepared and ready to sew on. The back is already loaded on the machine. Can we see the light at the end of the tunnel??????   Oh yes - I am excited.

Yesterday - wasn't such a good thing. I had a guild meeting, but after checking the HANDY APP for the gym on my smart phone - I saw there was a yoga class at 5:30 PM. I went and it was the BEST thing for me. The title was Fitness Yoga and I thought the worst. Daniel was pretty funny and since there were a lot of new or beginners in the class - it was very doable although he entertained us with a lot of WEIRD poses. I left the class relaxed (I bet that blood pressure went down!) and happy.

A quick shower and then popped into the cafe to get a smoothie for dinner. As I went to throw the wrapper from my straw in the garbage - I glance down and there is the zipper of my pants WIDE OPEN. I mean really!!!!!!!    You would think after the last fiasco that I would check the mirror BEFORE I leave the women's locker room. OK - I will be now!!!!!

Anyway - I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that gym. It is close by, they have LOTS of classes (and I was never a class person), but I love the yoga. At the beginning, I am STIFF as a board and by the middle of the class, I can do more. It is exciting. We are GOING TO STAY at this gym. Must remember to cancel the old one now.

But this APP for the SmartPhone is so cool. It is free and you can check the classes, who is teaching, what time and the studio for each. Same with the pool. You get all the info right on the phone. I LOVE that. And you could pick any gym if you traveled to another with a LifeTime there.


OK - enough about that. Oh yes - I did get the block done for the exchange yesterday as well, but again cannot share that photo with you. Shoot - secrets - I hate secrets.


Let me tell you about my experience at the post office. I had a couple of extra scrapbooking/card making magazines and thought I would send to my mom. I put one in one envelope and two in the other. I was charged $3.65 to send the one magazine and because the other package was OVER 500 G - it was going to go as a parcel. To the tune of $13.65!!!!!!!!    You are kidding me!!!!!!!    I said NO. I was not going to pay that price. I am going to split the envelope and separately it will go for $7.00 or thereabouts.

Post Office - Envelope rates

Can`t find the page with the parcel rates - but what a difference. Someone had mentioned that the price you pay at Shopper`s is DIFFERENT (read higher) than the price you pay at Canada Post. Well - the price I see on the web site and what she charged me is the SAME - so that myth goes down the toilet. But Canada Post has a great web site to help you find the price of shipping something. Just need to know the dimensions and the weight. And the price was the SAME as I was quoted.

I guess I don`t have much quilty stuff to share this morning. As I had a look at the pond this morning, I almost fell in. Have a look at what I saw..................


This is hard to see - but those two things on the left - those are LEAVES from the lily pads. I mean - normally at this time of year, the ice is still on the pond. This is CRAZY

And LOOK at the leaves on this tree

And the rose bushes


If it gets cold - we are in big TROUBLE.



Then this morning as I was getting the carrots for the girls treats - you would think Sparky was trying to help me.

I can get those carrots for you!!!!!

Just the right height to sit under the door of the fridge!!!!!

Notes cards with my INITIAL on them. Thanks Cathy - got them last night at the guild meeting. 


Our speaker was Elaine Quehl. I have heard of her and seen some of her work over the last 10 years. But this was the first time I met her and heard her speak. This is yet again - another reason why I need to cut back on stuff for others and classes. I NEVER had time to do the fun stuff for ME!!!!!!!


This is a close up of one of her pieces - very hard to see, but she uses raw edge applique and the results are amazing. Those edges look like they have been turned under!!!!   Amazing.


Beautiful leaves - all raw edge. Gorgeous. 

Not that I want to copy anyone, but I really really really want time to play. And so I am going to be clearing my schedule to make that happen. But first - I have some stuff that I have to finish. I make a commitment - I will get it done - just not as fast as you would like perhaps, but it will get done.


On that note - I had best get this last border on and get started on the quilting.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment