Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Martha Stewart moment


Yikes - I took so many pictures that it took forever for them to load this morning. I am not going to have time to blog about everything that I want.

Well - we had THREE amazing sewing days. Good company, good working conditions, GREAT laughs and LOADS and LOADS of fun. Oh my goodness - I wish every day could be like that.

After they left yesterday, I had a moment    ------   a MARTHA STEWART moment. Although the studio was in OK shape, there were a few things that were out of place. Let's just say that things kind of got haphazardly thrown on that project shelf. Not because of the sewing retreat - it was just not organized properly.


A couple of weeks ago, I was in Staples and saw these labels - MARTHA STEWART labels. I just had to have some. The ones on the left are REMOVABLE - so when you finish a project - you can just whip that label off and fill the box with a new project!!!!   The ones in the middle are DRY ERASE labels. How cool is that - so you can put them on the project box and when you finish that project - just erase the project name off and then put a new one on. The thing on the right is a little book with orange dots. I couldn't resist!!!!!
New Martha Stewart stuff at Staples


Then I got busy with my shelf and the labels and a pen and this is what happened. I completely FORGOT to take a before picture - I was so excited to get working. The girls who were here can attest that it was a mess. Now see how neat it is............................

The newly organized shelf of 2012 projects


There were a few things shoved into the wrong box - so I tidied everything nicely. I am VERY excited about sewing. And now I can see which projects are taking the MOST shelf space. Then I can focus on those. There are a number on this shelf where the blocks are DONE - they just need to be sewn together. Well - there is a LOT of work on that shelf.

One of the projects I worked on this past couple of days was the Border Creek Station mystery. I was BEHIND and thought I had better get caught up. How long would that take??????   Oh yeah - I can probably finish it in ONE DAY. Let's just say that TWO days later, I am still NOT caught up. And I wasn't that behind, but I am making the lap AND the queen sized.

This is the lap size quilt - ALL clues are up to date

This is the queen sized quilt - ALL clues are up to date EXCEPT the border

And why not the border?????   Had to make 192 four patches. These things measure 2" UNFINISHED.   These guys are in stacks of 10 - so there are 130 - only 62 more to make
 And they are in various states of completion....................

Strips to sew together
Strips to press
Ready to cut

Ready to sew


 Then they have to be pressed. And can you believe - I TWIRLED all the seams on the back. I know that is a SICKNESS with me.

Like when I was a kid, my mom canned fruit all the time. She would can Saskatoon berries and whenever I ate them, I ate them FOUR at a time. I would put four on my spoon and eat them, then the next four. I wasn't upset if the number didn't work out at the end - just got into the habit of eating them four at a time. Guess what - I STILL do that. When I am home and have canned Saskatoons - I STILL eat four at a time - after how many years??????? That fact borders on OCD I think!!!!!!


Oh and also after the girls left, I had to get my bag ready for class today. Review the pattern I am teaching and get a bit of other work ready.


Bag ready for class



On my list of things to do when I get home - FINISH those four patches.

And I sort of lied when I said I was up to date. I will have finished Clue FIVE. I did run to Ruti's to pick up Clue Six so I would have it to work on since she is closed on Sunday. Oh my - I think there is an equal amount of sewing in this clue. Yikes - oh well - got the entire month to get it done.


On that note - I had better get myself ready and out of here. I will post the rest of the retreat pictures later.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment