Tuesday, March 6, 2012

From boring to FUNKY with a twist of the wrist........

It is VERY quiet around here this morning. Kaylee went home yesterday. I don't know who misses her the most - me or the girls. Or maybe she misses us??????

Now that it took forever to download the pictures, I don't have much time to blog. DRAT!   I see it will be time soon to close some of the open internet connections - amazing how quickly they get opened and I don't shut them down. And the pictures pile up in the editor - meanwhile the laptop memory struggles to keep up to me.


When I did the clean up of the 2012 shelf, I came across a couple of things. A couple of simple projects that would take mere minutes to complete, some fabric that I had forgotten why I bought it and just needed to be reshelved. You know how that is...............

I mean - what was I going to make from all this???????   Probably didn't know what to do with it so it got stuck in the ACTIVE pile. Well - it is all nicely stored in the right place. 

I decided that I could make quick work of several projects and out came the serger.


Found this fabric in the same place as the other stuff, but I knew this was supposed to be made into pillowcases. 
So I made TWO!!!!!!
Then I made Imelda TWO hats. Edie had given her a pattern for them and I have TONS of fleece. They were so fun to make - I think I should make more. 
I used my circle cutter to cut through TWO layers of fleece at once for the top of the hat
And then WITHOUT changing any settings (because there are NO settings to change), I serged through four layers of fleece (after serging those pillow cases). PERFECT SEAMS for both. I love that serger - except.................
It tried to BITE me. I got this little cut just because I got a tad too close to the blade when I was inserting something under the foot. Yikes - have to be careful. 
And let's not forget the OFFICIAL fleece tester. I put this on the floor before I cut it and look who has to test it!!!!!!!   She looks pretty comfy too!!!!!!


I dropped the hats off to Imelda yesterday, but she was asleep when I got there. But she called me last night and LOVE the hats. She had even dressed it up with a brooch for some bling!!!!!!   Gosh she is so positive - makes me wonder how I can complain I am having a bad day. I will get a picture when I take her for her blood work next week. 


And more scrap sorting. I know lots of people couldn't be bothered to do this. But at the end of the day, I find it kind of therapeutic. I don't have to think, I don't really have to do much and then I get great scraps for future projects and the studio stays neat. Yes - I am crazy, but I love that!!!!!!
This is my current This n That mystery. I have put the four churn dash blocks in that configuration - not sure if they go that way. Even though I love that green, I was a bit hesitant because it was so bright. Now that I have made the block - I do NOT like it. It takes away from the prettiness of the border fabric. Sooooooooooooooooooo    after searching through my stash, I came up with this..............................

The blue is better - not perfect, but better. I am going to Ruti's today to see if I can find something better. 


And now what did I find that was funky???????   Shopping at Micheal's the other day and I like to prowl through all the buckets and look what I found..........................


BORING pulls on the cabinet

FUNKY pulls for the cabinet. I wonder is Shelley has these???????



Got to go - BUSY BUSY schedule for this month. And the new gym OPENS TOMORROW. I am so excited. Alwin says it is INCREDIBLE. I can just imagine.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment