Thursday, March 29, 2012

The retreat - DAy ONe

WOW - We got an amazing start to the day. I got the car packed up and off to pick up Mary at 6 AM. I know - a retreat and we leave at 6 AM!!!!! We had to make a detour in Barrie because of an accident and the major highway was closed. Thanks to the GPS - we just kept doing what we thought was right and then the GPS showed us the way!!!!! After arriving to find that the little general store down the way is closed for renovations until May 4 - we arrived at the house and got organized. It was so nice - just the two of us until lunch time I managed to get ONE block sewn for a quilt I am working on and then I decided to buckle down and work on one of the two DEADLINE projects. And I am making progress. You will have to wait and see, but I honestly think I will be able to meet the deadline. Yeah!!!!!! The rick rack is sewn down and one row of pictures/sayings is also stitched down. It is almost time for bed - it has been a long day. Let's just that we are all fading fast, but not before we had a show down of technology. Everyone was sitting around the table in the living room with their CELL PHONES, Looked like a a bunch of teenagers. Well - got to run - I'll post pictures when I get home. Oh yes - we played a game - write one thing about yourself that no one knows. Well that brought out afew surprises. Have a great day!!!!!!!! Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment