Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rice!

Just had a GREAT yoga class. This was a local instructor and she did NOT kill us. Nice and relaxed, although I still find some of the poses tough, especially downward dog - it is hard on my wrists, but the more you do, the more you can do. So now I am ready to face the challenges of the day with a clear head and remember BREATHE BREATHE BREATHE. OH yes - and I have to make a cool bag for my yoga mat.

I thought I would share this story with you since it is just too funny. We used to eat a lot of rice in our house. When M was a baby at day care, they ate a lot of rice and so we ate rice as well. White rice!!   I know - how bad. Along the way, I have had a quest for THE best rice cooker. I went to a Pampered Chef party a long time ago and was told that THIS pot was the best rice cooker.

Well - this is NOT a rice cooker, although I didn't know it at the time. I used it in the microwave, but it always boiled over and made a mess and I was never happy with it. Turns out it is a STEAMER for veggies - NOT a rice cooker. 

Then I moved onto one of these little Black and Decker rice cookers. They are excellent. We used it a lot. Actually wore one out and then bought a second one. Didn't have the second one too long before Caroline dropped the lid on the ceramic floor and shattered it. Oh boy - here we go again!!!!!

Decided to go with a DELUXE rice cooker. Gives the time - doesn't make as much mess as the little one. But I still wasn't happy. 

Then I went to a Pampered Chef party and I learned that what I thought was the rice cooker is in fact the veggie steamer. So I bought THE rice cooker.

Pampered chef rice cooker for the microwave. I LOVE IT. Easy to clean - no mess in the microwave - it is PERFECT. 

Well perfect as far as the technology goes, but look what happened to it. Keep in mind - I haven't had this rice cooker very long..................................


BURNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


No I did not do that!!!!!!  M wanted rice the other day and asked me how much water and how much rice. TWO to ONE. TWO to ONE. I thought I said that several times, but obviously she heard one and one. Yep - that's what happened when you screw up the ratio. My microwave STINKS. I have to search on the internet for some way to clean that smell out and the bottom of it is yellowed from the smoke. ICK ICK ICK and I don't think this rice cooker can be salvaged. I am going to wash it, but I think the smell will be embedded in the plastic.


Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo   -  I have several options. NEVER eat rice again and stop worrying about the perfect rice cooker. Go back and use the electric rice cooker or HAVE A PAMPERED CHEF party and get a new one. I'm thinking I'll go with the last option. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - when to have a party????????

I just have to laugh about this - I mean - it is a rice cooker. How many rice cookers does one go through in life? Me - well a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


With the mild weather - look at who has made an appearance!!!!!!!!!    Yep - that would be the gold fish.

Not sure how many there were in the fall, but there are SIX of them now. Yeah - last winter they all died. I'll be restocking the pond in a month or so - depending on the water. 



Yesterday was Monday Motivators and the girls are working like mad or are they mad???   Well a bit of both I think.

Judy is making these pillow cases for oh shoot - I think it is her brother. 

Yep - that would be sexy ladies on a bike!!!!!!!


A photo I missed at Christmas time. You know I like nutcrackers  - they even had nutcracker chocolate bars!!!!!!    Yum yum!!!!!!!!!!!!


Nutcracker chocolate bars



Wow - I got the blog in, did the exercise - just didn't get to walk the dogs - so we are going for a walk and then back to work. A LOT to get done today.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Put a 1/2 mug of water with either lemon juice or 1/2 tsp of vanilla in the microwave. Set for 2 minutes on high. Don't worry if it boils over you will need the moisture to clean the microwave anyway. Wipe clean with a soft cloth or papertowels. As far as the rice cooker goes...I think you better have the party!

    Mary V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my Tupperware Stack Cooker to cook rice to perfection everytime. I have an extra one if you want to borrow it to try.

    MaryV

    ReplyDelete