Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Count 1, 2, 3............................


It was Elm Creek reveal yesterday. Wow - we are getting down to the wire now. There are only TEN more blocks to be discussed in class. I have "suggested" to the class that whatever blocks they have done by the end of June - then that is the DEADLINE for piecing the blocks. We don't put dates or deadlines on some of our projects and then they hang around forever (OK - so I am talking to myself there!!!)  So June is the deadline. OH BOY - I am going to have to have a couple of marathon days because I really really want to get them all done and I haven't done much lately.

I can't wait to see the final reveal sometime in the fall because they are all going to look awesome. Have a peek at what we saw yesterday....................


Susan has finished piecing the number of blocks she needs for her setting. She is adding a small coping strip of yellow (that yellow is stunning) and then a small sashing. It is GORGEOUS. Nicely done Susan!!!!

Lois is pretty much up to date with all the blocks. I'm very impressed. 

Celia is also starting to sew her blocks together. She is just adding a sashing between the blocks. An entirely different look than what Susan is doing. Nice colour for the sashing - it will make those blocks pop. 

Celia's latest blocks

Mary is playing catch-up as she joined our group late. But I like what I see!!!!!!

Mary Jane with gorgeous colours (that matched her shirt!!!!)

Janice, not wanting to come empty handed pieced one of the most complex blocks and it looks stunning!!!!

Marianne with her FUSSY cut blocks. Wow - Did you see that eight pointed star?????

More blocks by Marianne


OK - so after this CRISIS is over, I shall assign a couple of days for ME to get this done. I just have to get it done and OFF MY WALL. I want to put other stuff up there. PLAN PLAN PLAN....................


Speaking of planning - once I came home after the class, had a quick lunch and sat at the sewing machine for HOURS. I thought I was going to die. It seemed to go so slow. But this thing is coming together section by section. This morning, I laid out the last three sections. I knew that I had not cut all that I needed, but I was CERTAIN that I had cut all of one colour. The main colour, only to find myself SHORT about 40 pieces. Obviously my counting skills aren't what they used to be. I had to cut a few other pieces which I knew, but I also knew that I had LOTS of fabric to play with. HOWEVER - there is one that is going to be a problem. I still have FOUR pieces of this fabric to cut and I have RUN OUT!!!!!!    HELP!!!!!!!   I always say - this is the moment CREATIVITY kicks in. So I am now trying to creativity figure out how to fill in those four gaps. As for scraps - well I got real cocky and slap happy and THREW OUT most of the scraps. WHAT WAS I THINKING?????????????????????????     Well I have a plan - let's hope it works out. And NO - this fabric is one of a kind and cannot be found anywhere.

On that note - I have to cut this short because I am speaking at the Waterloo Guild today (and since they have a day and a night guild), it will take all afternoon and the evening. That means I MUST get back to the sewing machine and try to finish off these last sections as I was really really hoping to put this on the machine tomorrow and have a LOT of the quilting done.

Went to yoga last night. How relaxing except that the instructor kept trying to get me to relax and go DEEPER into the poses. Yeah - hey - lady - it takes my body several minutes to sink into those poses!!!!!  But they are planning workshops for April so maybe we get more time to try stuff - like the crow - where you are on your hands and feet off the ground?? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh yes - this is HOT yoga and for some reason it seemed a bit hotter than normal. At one point, the instructor mentioned something about getting the heat fixed. I don't know, but it just felt like an HOUR long HOT FLASH. When I got out of the class, I could not STOP drinking water. I must have been dehydrated big time.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. M arianne I have to say your blocks are sooo stunning.

    ReplyDelete