Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 28 - Rest Day Kenora


I was up early so I could get my laundry done as there was no time the night before. I was down at the office for 7:30 AM even though the office didn't technically open until 8 AM. But I wanted to be FIRST in line. The guy came and opened up at 7:45 so I was able to get an early start on the laundry. We sure take our laundry facilities at home for granted!!!!!

I met up with Jan (a LIFETIME gym friend). She is summering in Kenora and so we went for coffee at Tim's. It was great to see someone from home and we had a great visit. Thanks Jan!!!!   See you in September.

Now I was very concerned about those files on my bike computer and what was I going to do about the situation. I managed to get the files backed up to a USB stick that I had purchased somewhere along the line to load pictures. Anyway by using Michel's netbook, I was able to get the data off the Garmin (bike computer) and onto the stick. Well - it was now in both places. I called Garmin and that is what they told me to do since they thought the data might be corrupted. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!!!!!   Their suggestion was to back everything up (they didn't think I would be able to upload it to the computer) and then RESET the Garmin. Well I backed up the files and that was all I did at that time.

It was so nice to have a relaxing day even though I did go into town to meet a number of the group members at a restaurant for lunch. I thought since I was down town - why not check out the quilt store. So after lunch, I wandered down to the quilt store that was a couple of doors down from the restaurant, EXCEPT the quilt store didn't exist anymore. Oh poo!!!!   Well there was another store there that was very nice. A lot of gifty things including a big wall hanging with words on it that I love. I am tempted to call Jan and see if she will bring it back for me??????   Hmmmm - got to think about that since I don't know the name of the store. Well - I might send her an e-mail. I don't even know how much the darn thing costs!


Stopped at Wal-Mart so I could pick up some snacks. I like to have my almonds and apricots as my energy food for the road. It was another HOT day but at least we didn't have to ride our bikes.

Spent a great part of the afternoon trying to update the blog. Had to sit in the office next to the laundry room. No pictures, I have decided that it takes too long and at that site, it took forever (OK - so we were completely unable to upload even one picture). Neil went to Tim's and got his blog updated!!!!   I should have gone there as well.

Got some great pictures of the crazy people from our group that were jumping in the lake off that big dock that you saw on Facebook. Yes - there are a crazy bunch, but they have fun!!!!!  Me - I am NOT a lake person - well since I don't swim - it is better that I stay away from jumping in the lake!


Myra, Irene, Bob and I cleaned all the leftovers out of the fridge for our dinner. Yummy!!!!   Not that we often have leftovers, but we did this day and it was perfect. Made a salad to go with it and we were set. HOWEVER, some of the others had gone to Safeway and picked up LUMBERJACK sandwiches that were HUGE. A bit more sandwich than I could handle. We got a good laugh over that one.

Poor Mike - he broke a tooth yesterday and so he spent the morning going from dentist to dentist to find someone who could fix his tooth. Four dentists later, he was told that the tooth could NOT be repaired and would have to come out. So he went at 4:30 and got the molar removed. We did offer to do it for free, but he politely declined!!!!!  After the freezing came out - he ate his lumberjack sandwich!

I did get the bike cleaned - well for me that means clean and oil the chain. Got things ready for the morning - you do get into a routine for sure. Everything MUST be in its place or it just messes up the routine. I found a HUGE spider in my tent when I went to bed. I grabbed it and threw it out the door. I am sure M would have woken up the entire camp site if that happened to her.

Remember in one of my previous posts, I talked about the weight issue. Well we all have different scales at home and which one is right? And we really don't have a scale with us to weigh ourselves, although at one point on the trip we did see an unmanned truck scale. Now our sensible group just rode right past, but some of the others stopped!!!!!   It would appear that the results were NOT too trustworthy. As Eric was walking home from the restaurant, he stopped at Canadian Tire and purchased a scale. And it tells me I have lost NOTHING!!!!!!!   Not sure whether to believe it or not!

Chatted that evening for a bit while we had dinner and then everyone was in bed early!  We ride in the morning!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing at your comment about not losing weight. Perhaps you should try a tape measure instead with all the new muscles you must be making!

    ReplyDelete