Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 33 - Rest Day - Thunder Bay

Not used to sleeping indoors and so I didn't sleep well or maybe I was just so engrossed in my book that I wanted to finish it!!!!

It was pouring rain when I went to breakfast which was in a cafeteria so that was exciting. Exciting that we were NOT riding in the pouring rain. I only saw Bill on my way to breakfast - he was on his way back. I didn't see anyone at breakfast, but took my book and read a bit, but was also watching the TV as Kate was in the hospital!!!!!!   A Royal Baby is on the way.

Right after breakfast I was on my way to the truck to get laundry soap and about 15 feet from the truck, the heavens opened and it POURED. I had two choices - keep going which meant unlocking the truck and opening the door or making a beeline back to the building  which wasn't close. I opted to get in the truck. Needless to say, I got soaked.

I did laundry and spent part of the morning updating my blog on the computer in the lobby. I also managed to manually up load the missing data from the Garmin, but after the master reset, the thing is still not working the way it is supposed to. I shall be complaining to Garmin about that!!!!!!!   Very disappointed in the stupid thing.

But the important thing is that I was able to get all the data and nothing was lost.

I decided to go to Tim's for lunch. It has stopped raining at that point and I walked. It was only a K away. Had a great lunch and then got to searhing the internet, I found a quilt store downtown. Called and yes - it was open, so I decided to walk there. It was getting warmer and I was actually HOT on my walk. As I got closer to the store, I found a major shopping area with Chapter's, Walmart and many other stores. Well - this was going to be a great afternoon.

I went into Chapter's and browsed the magazines. Had a great time. Then when I went to take a picture of something to send to M and OH MY GOD - where is my phone???????   I ran back to the bench where I was browsing the magazines. YEP - the phone was still there. Thank GOD!!!!!!   NEVER take the phone out of the pocket.

After Chapter's, I went to WAl-Mart and got big zip-loc bags to replace the one that got blown away in the wild storm. Got more almonds and apricots. Then off to Value Village and The Thrift Store. I got a used book. Then I went to the quilt store. What a GREAT store!!!!   OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!   I could have bought a lot, but I did buy a couple of things.

I finally got a cab to take me back to the dorm room. I was too tired and carrying TOO MUCH stuff at this point. I did buy a sandwich and drink that I was going to have for dinner. I learned TONS from the cab driver in the 10 minutes that it took to get back to the dorm.

I was updating the blog again when everyone was headed to the cafeteria for dinner. I decided to save my sandwich for lunch the next day and headed out to the cafeteria with the others. Let's just say that the place lost money on us - we ate a LOT that night!!!!!!!!  And let's just say that Mike ate more than all of us!!!!!

I got things organized for tomorrow so the explosion stuff got all packed away!!!!!  I didn't want to go to the bike shop, but I needed to get a new chain. I got Allain to buy me a chain and when I was asked if I needed a 10 speed or a 9 - I had NO IDEA. Thanks to Myra for checking my bike - and turns out it is a 10 speed (10 gears on the back).   My chained is stretched (just from doing so many K) and needs to be replaced.

GOt to complain to Ziploc as well as I was supposed to get FOUR bags in the box and I only got THREE!!!!!!

Have to get myself reorganized when I get to Toronto. THere is stuff that I have to empty from my baskets!!!!!

The Royal Baby is BORN!!!!!!   We have been making jokes about it all week so glad that anticipation is over!!!!!  Couldn't have dealt with much excitement.

And tonight was the first

No comments:

Post a Comment