Thursday, March 3, 2016

Snug as a bug!


I did something yesterday that I haven't done in years!

So we had a forecast for this massive storm.  The forecasters have been reporting storms all winter that never materialized.  Just once could they be right?  It starts to snow on Tuesday night and it is looking bad. I had brought lots of work home in the event the roads were going to be bad, then I could work from home.

Little Sammy had to go potty around 4 AM and I looked outside, totally disgusted. Not much snow - well about 4 - 6 inches which is NOTHING!  And it wasn't snowing any more. Seriously?   I want a SNOW DAY!

I went back to bed and when my alarm went off, I ignored it. I didn't get out of bed until 7 AM!!!   That never happens, but I was snug as a bug and what the heck, I'm just going to work from home regardless of the weather.

As I lay there, contemplating getting up, I decided that I was going to take the day off!!!  NO WORK - just do what I wanted to do. And that's what I did!  It was a glorious day.  But I still got loads of stuff done.

Before I get into that - have a look at this quilt.  This is my cousin Deanna. Normally her hair is some bizarre colour, but today it's blondish!  She is a hair stylist.  For some reason, which hasn't become clear to me yet, she is taking quilting classes and making a lone star quilt.  Yeah Deanna!!!!!     I've been watching the progress on Facebook as she lives out west.  I'm very proud of her and nice to know that I'm not the only quilter in the family. Can't wait to see it finished!

Deanna's lone star quilt!


I had a lot of stuff to get done for QUILTSocial as my turn to blog is coming up nearer the end of this month, but since I will be away AGAIN for a week later this month, I don't have a lot of time to mess around.  So I was busy sewing, taking pictures, editing them and uploading them to the internet.  I think I got almost everything uploaded except a few pictures which I need to take today at work as the projects are at work.  It's tough when half of my stuff is at work and half is at home. OK - that's not true, but I'm a spreader and now stuff is in two different locations!

Not to worry!  I'll get the pictures today and I'm way ahead of my normal status with getting those blog posts ready!  I still have ONE project to sew before everything gets put to bed and hopefully this weekend, but I also have THREE projects to sew with March deadlines for submissions to magazines.  I'll be busy!

I still had time to sit down yesterday and read another book.  I can't help myself.  I'm into Patricia Cornwell at the moment - the Kay Scarpetti series.  Only on book 5, but I love them!

And of course, we went to the dog park.  Even though the sun was out, that wind was pretty chilly!  But we all had fun and I'll let Lexi tell you all about that trip.

Of course with the snow comes shoveling. I opted to NOT shovel.  Good grief, the temperature is going to be above zero in a day or so, so why bother.  DH couldn't stand that thought so he went out. Phew - that strategy worked!!!!    However the plow went by and he did leave a present at the bottom of the driveway, but nothing huge.

Clearing the street

The present at the end of our driveway - this is NOTHING compared to what we have had in the past

 Found this picture of a tablerunner that I completed for a customer.

Customer quilt - DONE!


On that note - it is time to get myself together to get to work today.  There is so much going on and so many deadlines looming - I can't take another day off.  But I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday and YES - I miss that freedom despite the fact that I am enjoying my work.  Can't I have both worlds?????  

Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment