Saturday, April 28, 2018

Back to reality

On the last day of any retreat, we're always allowed to stay until 3:00 PM. That's the check-out time, but without fail, many of the participants are out of the house by 10 AM, having packed up the night before. Gosh - that's an entire day of sewing they are missing. Who cares about laundry? And how long does it take to do laundry anyway?

However, I'm happy to report that this time? Oh no - we took total advantage of the day and the four of us left didn't get out of there until 3 PM. Technically we had one more day, but we did have to get home. One by one, the four of us packed up depending on what other things we had to do (Ronda had some real work to do so she did pack up a bit early). Shelly and Vivenda were working away until well after lunch and I packed up at 3 PM. It was awesome!!  I accomplished a whole lot on the last day so I was very glad for that.

Tidied up, took out the garbage and packed up the car. Let's just say that I'm glad that the extra sewing machine wasn't in the car because I don't know if everything would have fit inside!

Ronda and I stopped at a quilt store on the way home as I had to pick up a quilt of mine that they had borrowed. All the kits are now sold so the quilt can come home to me. This is a picture of the quilt and if you're interested and have all those Sesquicentennial panels at home, here's a link to the free pattern. 

Coast to Coast to Coast

Now here's a wee bit of sticker shock. I bought three meters of fabric, one half-meter, and two FQs. With tax, it was $90!!!!! That's insane, but the price per meter is $19.98.  All adds up very quickly these days which means that we just have to become smarter about what we buy. The half-meter and FQs are RED and I have several more projects to work on that need RED fabric. Two of the meters were for a kit that I bought at the CreativFestival and wasn't quite big enough for me so I'm going to add a border (probably should have only bought one meter - oh well!) and the last meter was just because!

I'll show you pictures of everything over the coming week. I don't have time today to do many pictures.

After our shopping expedition, Ronda and I stopped for a burger (and ice cream - more on the eating thing later this week) and then we went our separate ways. I got home, the girls were happy to see me. Not because they missed me as their Mom, but because I'm the person that takes them for walks and to the dog park.

I had a wee bit of work to finish prepping for today's THREE classes, but I also had to make a trip to Home Depot for some tuffet supplies. Got those and got the remaining three upholstery hoods made for the tuffet class. I was supposed to work on THREE blocks that I goofed on, but only had time to fix one. No worries - it'll all work out.

I'll have lots of pictures to share with you!

Oh, I did unpack somewhat this morning and I took this picture to share with you. It's DONE. The pixelated apple quilt top is DONE!!!!!

Pixelated apple quilt

I'm thrilled to bits. I never thought this would get completed, but I LOVE IT!!!!  I want to do another one.   I have stories about two more of these quilts, but no time this morning.

Now I have to find some cool backing fabric preferably with apples on it. I must check the stash, there could be something there. I think I'll bind it with red? white? (NO) black? green?  That's not important at this point, but I love those black on white prints for the background. And I definitely want to do another pixel quilt. But I have something else in mind first and I'll share that with you later this week as well.

On that note, I'm out of here. We're off to the dog park and then repack the car for today's tuffet class.

Have a great day!!!


Had a good chat with my Dad last night - 85 years young and still going strong. He's a tinkerer and loves building/repairing motors and building parts for vintage tractors that can no longer be bought. I hope I'm like him when I'm that old in about 50 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment