Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Forest Road Retreat - Day Two - Part Two

Make sure you read the Part One post first. I accidentally hit Publish instead of saving and I wanted to put this one first.

A yummy dinner was waiting for me when I got back to the house. Even though the traffic was a bit of a bear leaving the city, it wasn’t that bad and it isn’t that far so I made good time.

After eating, we tried to finish our Scrabble game. It was Ronda who realized we had a major problem with the game. It turns out that there were tiles for TWO games in the bag!!!! Oh god. - well I guess we “forfeit” that game, but technically I won!!!  We’ve started a new game after the extra letters were removed. We haven’t gotten too far along because the big entertainment of the evening was the hockey game. I think even the non-hockey fans were watching. It was pretty exciting and I did pop up from time to time to watch. The girls were decked out in their hockey gear (hats) with thei cool beverages.

Needless to say that we have to go though this excitement again on Wednesday night. The series has taken an exciting turn to say the least.

Even though I only sewed after dinner, I did manage to get some stuff completed. I have the last big block for the pixelated apple done!  It will get joined today and I’m working on the first of the half blocks now. Yeah!!!!  I got all the flying geese prepped for one of the table runners. I wish it could have been more, but that’s OK.

I’ve had breakfast and I’m off to sew all day and have that long, long walk as well.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment