Thursday, April 26, 2018

Forest Road Retreat - Day Four

It was a gloomy rainy day all day yesterday which made it a perfect day at the retreat. I didn’t get out of my PJs and I was quite comfy all day.

I managed to get a ton of stuff done. I’m currently working on the LAST half block of the pixelated apple quilt. The other blocks are together, seams are twirled and pressed. I can’t wait!!

I’m making a small block for a show of just the heart. I was so excited - got all the squares cut out. SEwed them together and was doing the reveal when I realized that there was a problem. I HUGE problem. Then as I reviewed a bit more, I realized that there were a few more issues with the block. It meant taking about 1/3 of it apart and sewing it back together. A huge waste, but what could I do!!  Happy to report that it’s back together now and all is good. I’m going to quilt it later today and make a mini quilt from it.

We all seemed to have some issues yesterday - not sure if it’s because we’ve been sewing too long? But I also got a couple of table runners (from years ago) done. Well one is missing two pieces of fabric so it’s as together as it can be. I have a lot of little fixes to do when I get home with miscut fabrics or missing fabrics. Might spend the entire day on Sunday doing that and then these will be waiting for quilting. I need to find backings for some and bindings for a couple.

NO danger of running out of things to do here, but I’m really happy with my progress to date.

I sewed quite late last night as I wanted to get the table runners completed. So I ran up the stairs to play my turn at Scrabble and then back down to sew where Shelly and Vivenda kept me company. Shelly finished her project before we did, but we finished about the same time. OH yes, let’s not forget the hockey game. We didn’t even need to be watching to know what was going on - the noise from the living room was excessive!!!

On that note, the sun is out and it looks like it’s going to be a perfect day for a walk. I’m deep in the midst of another project and I have more tuffet hoods to sew - got 5 more to make before we leave and quilt and bind that little project. The rest is just gravy.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment