Friday, April 26, 2013

It has come to this.................


I don't have a picture (thank goodness!!!!), so sit back while I tell you why I was digging through the garbage at Tim Horton's late on Friday night!!!!!!!!!!

Started the day with spin class at the gym. Another 35 KM chalked up on the training schedule. Still a LONG way from the 2000 KM we are supposed to clock by the middle of June.

Then a quick shower and off to the CreativFestival. But NOT before stopping at Tim's to grab something to eat. I know - I should have got something HEALTHY at the gym. I leave the empty wrappers on the car seat.

A LONG day at the CreativFestival. Saw LOTS and LOTS of friends - both old and new. So NICE to see everyone. Thanks for stopping by the booth. Did a 45 minute demo on hand embroidery. Very excited to see many people out for that. YES - that means hand embroidery is definitely on the rise!!!!   I"m excited as I really enjoy it.

Back to the booth - more talking. The show was CRAZY today. Tons of people came to  the show for the early entrance at 9 AM. Then more people into the show when it officially opened at 10 AM. Oh boy - a little difficult to get out of the booth for anything. Including SHOPPING - which is probably a good thing. I did manage to get TWO pieces of fabric today - BOTH of them are SOLIDS. Oh my  - what has the world come to?????????????   Well  - I see some modern quilts on the horizon.


Finally the show ends at 8 PM. The vendors make a max exodus from the building. I am STARVING by now and on my way home, I decide to stop at Tim's for a HOT CHOCOLATE. My feet hurt and I just want some comfort food. OK - so I am a whimp - that is a pathetic excuse!!!!    I get the TWO fives from my pocket, I fold up the empty bag from the morning and toss it in the garbage. Then I slowly advance to the window as there are several cars in front of me. Then I reach to get my money and WHERE IS MY MONEY?????   I find ONE of the fives, but where is the second one????  Don't tell me that I threw it out?????

I pay for my stuff and then I park where I can see the garbage in the drive through. Silly me - doesn't want anyone to see me advancing on the garbage cans, so I wait until there are only two cars near the window. I sneak up on the garbage can and pick up my bag. NO FIVE. Then it falls out - YEP - I threw the silly five into the garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!    Oh well - I recovered it!!!!!!    Pretty funny. I guess that just goes to say - that you shouldn't clean when you are tired!!!!!!!!!   Yep - that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!


Home to prepare for my classes in the morning at the Hobby Horse - then I'll be zipping back to the CreativFestival. I doubt I am going to get out to buy anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And that is probably a good thing.


On that note - I still have a few things to prepare for the classes tomorrow. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment