Friday, April 5, 2013

Trunk shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!



One last thing about those romance novels. I won't get graphic because I am sure that most of you have read one of them in your life time. Here is something to contemplate - what is the difference between this very descriptive kind of romance novel and you know - that bad stuff that starts with P??????   Well they NEVER mention the proper name of the various body parts in a romance novel. I always wondered about that - was it to "protect" the innocent readers or to not cross a line into bad stuff?????   Like I said - just something to ponder!!!!!!!!!!!


OK - I  am BACK in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I managed to not only get ONE quilt done yesterday, but got a SECOND one done as well.



Can you tell what colour thread I used for one of them???????

If you guessed BLACK you would be correct. For some reason, black thread is full of STATIC and it is hard to get the thread off my hands. I give it a fling and ooops - there it is - on the wall. A quick swipe of the wall and it is all gone. 
Customer quilt number ONE 
Customer quilt number TWO
Detail of quilt number TWO


I just want to reiterate to everyone. When you put the borders on your quilts - MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE - you cannot just sew those borders on the quilt. The wider the border is - the more ruffled it will be and makes it VERY difficult to quilt. And despite the fact that everyone says "oh - don't worry - that will quilt out". It isn't always pretty!!!!!   And that's all I am going to say on that subject for the moment.



Last night, I was the speaker at the Missisaugua Quilt Guild. I LOVE doing trunk shows. However it means going around the house and dismantling all the quilt displays that are hanging on the walls. And then to figure out to fold, bend, squeeze those quilts so they fit into the suitcase and ooops - the over flow has to go into an IKEA bag.  And still more that I wanted to take and I did NOT take anything that is going in the upcoming shows.

Ready for the trunk show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look what happens when you open that zipper!!!!!!!!!   The quilts just spring out!!!!!   Yes - you can put a LOT into one of those big suitcases. 

 And I met a wonderful lady who has joined the guild. She is from Russia! We had a great talk. It is amazing how many people lately that I have bumped into (at the gym) who are from Russia/Soviet Union. Such nice people!!!!   Hmmmm - may have to go there one day!

When you go on vacation and you are trying to squeeze those last minute items in your suitcase and you have to sit on it to zip it shut. Do you ever wonder what would happen if that zipper popped??????   I mean - wouldn't that be funny?  Well not really - but I can just imagine, the suitcase coming down the luggage chute and POP!!!!!!!!   What would you do??????   I can't even begin to imagine, although I must say that I travel pretty light the last couple of trips and I had no problem zipping up my suitcase.

As I start to gather things for my trip - 11 weeks -  that is almost ONE QUARTER of the year. OH MY GOD - what have I done?????   But I plan to go as light as possible. I have done this kind of travel several times now and I "think" I know what I am going to need. We'll be doing laundry every couple of days so other than getting BORED of the same clothes, you don't really need much.


On that note - I am off to quilt again today - this upcoming show at the Missisaugua Quilt Guild on April 19 and 20 and the Brampton Quilt Guild on May 4 and 5 is really stressing me out. Not only do I have my own quilts to get ready for the show (5 in each), but I still have a couple of customer quilts that have to be done for the shows and a couple of others than need to be done as well.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. It looks to be alot of work, working those quilts to show into the suitcase! I read your post about the Romance Novels and am curious, but now perhaps not so curious to read one -- the last time I read one was back in the 1970s and I thought it was quite thrilling and full of Adventure but I think I would not want to read the *P* stuff.... Maybe that is why my sister who is single has them all over her house?!

    ReplyDelete