Sunday, May 26, 2013

Taming the jungle................


After getting home from the $10 class yesterday, I had TWO choices - I could garden or I could quilt. Well - if I garden first, then when it is darker, I could quilt, so I donned my GARDENING gloves and set off for the garden.

After guilting M into helping, we had a great couple of hours digging weeds, pruning trees and cleaning up. I was shocked to see that it was almost 4 PM when we came in the house. We had been at it for about 2 hours. Yikes - still a LONG LONG way to go, but every little bit helps. Have a look at what we did.........


I got rid of ALL of the grape vine (boy does it get tangled up with EVERYTHING) and that is M hauling it to the forest. I didn't take a picture of it, but the stump of this vine is ICKY now as the sap kept seeping out after I cut it off and it looks GROSS!!!!!!!!   I know the thing is FAR from dead, but I am going to find a way to inject it with my herbicide and see if that won't get rid of it. 


Then I asked M to get the camera and well - MANY pictures later (and blurry - good grief - the camera has AUTO FOCUS and yet 90% of the pictures were blurred).



Hard to tell in this picture, but there is still loads to be done. 

Sparky - enjoying the coolness of the dirt

On my hands and knees pulling weeds and trimming back branches. 

Are you taking a picture of my butt???   Don't take a picture of my butt!!!!   At least it was from the side which is slimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP - trapped in the garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M had fun picking up the mulch and dirt - well we didn't really need to get rid of that, but that's OK. 

Hey - don't forget about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I was helping - well I was supervising!!!!! And I'm just darn CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is what it looks like this morning. To the left of the path in the Secret Garden

To the right (amazing how these silly trees just grow and grow and grow) 

Looking from the Secret Garden into the back yard

The trellis chair in the Secret Garden

And OH BOY - look at what we have in our driveway. YEP  - that would be FOUR big bags. Two are dirt and two are mulch. Guess what I will be doing later today!!!!   We have to get the dirt and mulch down in that area that we have cleaned up. Then onto the next section. 

Then we had to do a bit of shopping and we went to my favourite store - HOMESENSE. There isn't a week goes by that they don't have something new that I LOVE - that is either bicycle related or is orange. I try to restrain myself, but yesterday - well I just couldn't. The customer behind me even asked me if I happened to like orange as I am holding my orange purse and this.................



An orange watering can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   


We told her that we were buying something else and YES - it was also orange. We were just waiting for a price to be put on it. What do you think..........................



I have always wanted a seat in the hall where we could sit to put on shoes. A bench is too big even though the hall is big. But this is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I sheepishly pulled my orange wallet out of my orange purse to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It is getting to be an obsession.


Speaking of obsessions, I have a confession to make. Remember how I said that DH needs to place the cutlery in it proper slot in the drawer. Well - I don't care about cutlery, but I LOVE to organize the magazines in the craft section at Chapters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I know - how absolutely weird that is.


Once the shopping and the gardening was done, then it was time to hit the studio.


Customer quilt

Made some advancement on the postcards



Yes - I managed to get one of the two quilts done that I want to have finished by Monday. My legs were pretty tired by the end of the day and I was in bed before 10 PM.


And so dawns another day with loads of fun - more gardening, teaching and quilting. YIPPPPPEEEEEE - my favourite things.

I am in DESPERATE need of a new bobbin case for my sewing machine. The darn bobbin thread won't stay in the tension slot. And there is something wrong with the tension on top. I have one binding to put on a quilt and then I am going to move the old sewing machine to the work table - well I could do it now I suppose. I still have things to sew and this machine is driving me crazy.


Have you ever had weird dreams?  Well last night I had a very strange dream. When I was younger (and I don't remember how young) I had a TERRIBLE dream about this haunted house. A murder had occurred on the third floor and it was haunted. I remember wanting to go up to the third floor, but couldn't get myself to go up there. Last night, I had a dream about that same house, but this time I was going to confront what was on the third floor. I was waiting for someone to come with me, but then that was the end of the dream. Is that weird or what???????


Anyway - on that strange note - it is time to get another quilt on the machine.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment