Saturday, September 21, 2019

A good day!!!!


I bustled around the house getting one more sample done before I went to do my events at Brampton Sew and Serge. Two things of note. First, it's amazing how simple little things can annoy the heck out of you when you're pressed for time. I've been known to completely dump everything off a worktable in one of those moments! I think I've only done that once! The second thing is how quickly we learn. I needed to bring my embroidery design into the Premier +2 software. Now, how the heck do I delete part of the design? I learned very quickly how to use some of the different tools and make that happen.

The bottom line? The design got stitched out and I grabbed the hoop and the stitch out right off the machine and took off! Only to find that the area near the exit to the highway was being repaved and that wasn't really a good option to go that way. No worries - lots of alternate routes.

The events were full! A lot of people showed up and that's always exciting. They were an amazing group too. Very inquisitive, asked lots of questions which is always a very good thing. The last one ended at 9 PM so it was getting late! I loaded everything in the car and made my way back home. What a fun day and a HUGE thank you to everyone who came out! I'll unpack later today as I have to start to repack for the next event which is the big annual dealer convention. This year it's being held in Phoenix.

I had a glorious time testing out the unlimited data on my phone. I connected the Husqvarna Viking Designer EPIC and my laptop to the hotspot on my phone. Then whenever I needed access to mySewNet account - I was golden! It actually didn't use a whole lot of data despite the fact that I was logged in for almost 8 hours. I'm loving my new phone plan.

I love doing these events even though there's a lot of prep work and now I must work on new samples - sometimes to find out the answer to questions posed by the audience, sometimes to find out things that I thought of during a presentation or just to keep up with the changes in the technology.

There's never a lack of things to create and stitch out!

It's Sit n Sew day tomorrow and I don't have anything to tidy up! Studio B is the same way that it was when the ladies left the other day. I don't know why in the past that the moment they would leave, I'd bring all my stuff back out onto the tables. Why? Because I'm just a silly person - that's why.

I did a wee bit of tidying up this morning and I put this away. This is a small piece of fabric that I acquired earlier this week when I was at Thimbles and Things. It's a digital print of doors. The print is gorgeous. It would make an excellent bag. It's by Hoffman - they always have some amazing prints. The collection is called Globe Hopper.   I think the door print is the best one from the small collection. The colors of digital are just spectacular.


Digital door print

I don't have anything of mine to share with you today so here's a couple of pictures that I took of what Diane is working on. These are machine embroidery designs from Lunchbox Quilts. This is the Christmas dogs - actually called Holiday Hounds. So very cute.

Wall hanging from Holiday Hounds

And if you're into cats, this is the Christmas Cats. What I love is that if you can't find these patterns at your local sewing machine dealer or quilt store - you can buy them online and get an immediate download! Love it!!!!


Wall hanging from Christmas Cats



As I mentioned earlier in the week, it's National Jelly Roll Day TODAY. I mentioned this to the Sit n Sew group earlier this week. Their reaction? OH - is there a sale on jelly rolls? Seriously???  Their immediate thought was on BUYING, but the Jelly Roll Day is on MAKING!! Here's a link to one blog with a couple of ideas. Shoot - I should have created something for you! OK - I promise, I'll be making a quilt pattern sometime that I can share with you! Not going to give a time frame in case I get waylaid and October is going to be a super busy month.

I have my jelly rolls sitting out and after my class today, I'll be working on my jelly roll quilt. Which I'll share with you later this week.

Katheleen sent me this link about tidying and creativity. I love it!!!  While I've been doing a load of decluttering and tidying up, having a totally clean workspace is NEVER going to happen. Here's another article on the topic. So we all know what that means - stay tidy, but not too much!!!

I'd better get myself organized and ready for my class this morning. OK - all I have to do is grab the pattern. The sample's at the store and it's going to be a great day!!!

Have a super day!!!!  Have fun MAKING something from your jelly roll.

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment