Saturday, March 11, 2023

I'm falling.......................

So I'm feeling better this morning. I did NOT walk much yesterday - I started by walking to the end of the driveway and back. OK --- that wasn't so bad, but let's not push the envelope. Later in the day, the snow started, and I was getting a wee bit restless, so I went to the end of the driveway again and then went for a bit longer walk. It wasn't my day because, YEP -- I slipped and fell. 

There's that moment when time stands still. You know you're off balance, and I could feel my body saying, "NO -- we do not want to fall," and then it said, "CRAP, you're going to fall!". It was hilarious. OK -- so I'm exaggerating when I say that. So down I went. I'm sure it wasn't pretty, but no broken bones or bruises. I got a little bit of a strain in my pelvic muscles, but I always have issues there, so it's nothing new. I have my lovely daughter to thank for those strained pelvic muscles. 

A lady driving towards me saw me fall and stopped to see that I was OK. The kindness of strangers! 

Anyway, I did a total of 4 KM yesterday! My body is in shock --- what the heck is happening? 

I'm wondering if I have strep throat since my throat is sore, and that's my only symptom. Should I go and get tested? And where did all this come from? It's a total pain, to be sure. One of the ladies came to the retreat sick, so I'm not thrilled about that, and I perhaps picked this up from her. I will have to remind people that if they are sick, they should stay home a day or two so they don't bring it to the retreat. 

As for sewing, yesterday wasn't much better than the previous day, although I actually did some sewing. I wanted to do some serging and got everything set up. Could I get the serger to work with the threads I wanted to use? Nope! It wasn't meant to be, so I got the sewing machine out and sewed this border together. 






It's for my 150 Canadian Women, and I was planning to have the entire border on the quilt for the next UFO, and that isn't going to happen. 


One must realize that we are talking about non-life-threatening issues here! I'm making progress, just not as fast as I would like. 

So my speaker is working fine these days. What did I do differently? NOTHING. However, I suspect there might be some operator error happening. I thought it was on, but I can't hear it. I realized that I turned the volume down. Sigh...........   Perhaps I am in denial about how well I am! 😅😅


There isn't much to talk about without my girls to keep you entertained and not much sewing! You don't need to hear about my napping, although I napped very little yesterday, and we were up quite late and had a great chat about everything and anything. It was all very relaxing and what I would expect from a sewing retreat. Six is the perfect number for that kind of thing. Too many people, and it isn't going to work. Six is an excellent number for the retreat!!

I'll sign off and get myself organized for a walk. Will I go for my long walk? No -- but I'll go a bit further than the end of the drive. And NO falling!

Have a super day1


Ciao!!!



3 comments:

  1. There are significant rises in Covid. Several folks I know started with a sore throat. None ever had a fever.

    It is sad that anyone would go to an event sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell today too, a week ago I also slipped on the ice. Some neighbour's were setting up their dinner in their smoker saw me fall and checked that I was OK. I'll be limping for awhile. Apparently we are having an icy winter. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the fall! I have the same feeling, like it’s all in slow motion. Please rest and take care of yourself, enjoy visiting your friends. Your girls will be glad to see you come home 🤗

    ReplyDelete