Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Travel to Montreal

 Yesterday was a travel day, as I'm now in Montreal. I worked on my presentations in the morning, finished packing, and was off. The girls weren't too happy, but they currently have a dog sitter, so they will have many privileges they wouldn't usually have. They won't miss either of us a bit! Lexi was quite comfortable lying on the couch! 

It was not a good day as I lost my glasses! UGH, and I have no one to blame but myself. I barely wear those glasses, so I should have safely tucked them in my bag. But no, I insisted on putting them on my face, and when I got to the airport and went to print my bag tag, I put them on my head. They are stretched and loose, so this was going to end badly. I got my stuff printed and took the bag to the bag drop, and I bet while heaving the suitcase onto the belt, I didn't even notice that they fell off. 

The next time I thought of my glasses was on the plane; they were long gone by then. I put in a claim, but the chance of finding them INTACT will be a miracle. They really did need to be replaced as the lenses were scratched from when I face-planted in the middle of the street with the girls about 4 years ago. 

Thankfully, I don't need them, but I am supposed to wear them while driving; however, I can get by without them, and I have my prescription sunglasses. So I'll cope! But darn it all -- I hate when I do stupid stuff like that! 

So I will have to get a new pair when I get home. Thankfully, the craziness will slow down, so I'll have some time. 

They have a new baggage sizer at the airport, and I was asked to put my bag on it when I walked past. I can't believe they asked me to check my bag since it's SMALL. What about those larger bags? Oh -- those people just walk right on through. And can you believe that when I was about to board the plane, they asked me AGAIN to put it in the metal sizer? I get it, but why are they focusing on my SMALL bag when I saw much larger suitcases on the plane, and the width of mine just fits in that sizer thing. Do I look like an easy target if my bag wouldn't fit? Meaning I wouldn't put up a fuss to check my bag.

Anyway -- the plane wasn't full, and I had no one beside me, so that was good. Lots of room to search for those darn glasses when I remembered them. If only I had put them in my pocket. No room for regrets -- just move on. 


You have to love the forecast which I took from the plane. DREARY!!! That sounds so positive!

Dreary forecast


And there's a view of the Olympic Stadium in Montreal. I'm surprised that thing is still standing! I forget the year the Olympics were in Montreal - oh - that would be 1976. 



Olympic Stadium from the plane


I have a corner room at the hotel with a great view of the city (I think). It's dark, so I'll check it out later. 

We set everything up last night and are ready to go this morning. But I'm going for a walk shortly. It's almost the end of that geocaching event -- 5 days left, and I still need a lot of points. I was going to just let it go, but after looking at the app last night, I discovered TWO Adventure Labs at the airport, which are easy to get 100 points. And there are two more Adventure Labs close by in a cemetery. Guess where I'm headed this morning? 

I also wore my new shoes. OK -- so they look huge, but they are pretty comfy. I swear I was walking on those cushioned floors and even checked to see if the floor was cushioned. I think I'm going to like them. Let's see how well they wear! 

And that's a wrap for today. 


Oh -- remember to check out QUILTsocial. I'm working with the Husqvarna Viking DESIGNER EPIC 2 and using all kinds of fabulous embellishments to make a collage journal cover! It's a great way to learn a lot of excellent techniques. Be sure to check it out. 


Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do for your Journal cover. I like making these, too, so I hope to get some new ideas. Thanks for sharing the link! Have fun in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete