Sunday, June 16, 2013

And so the journey begins.....................



OH MY GOD - WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


As I write this, I am thinking - I am leaving home for ELEVEN WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That is a LONG TIME!!!!!

Thank goodness, I was so busy before - no time to think about the enormity of this adventure. But I must just take it one day at a time. If one has the right mindset - then it will happen!!!!


I managed to get EVERYTHING done except two things, which I hope to do on the road. Some designing and writing an article. WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Just a tad too close for comfort. Next time I go on vacation, I must schedule TWO weeks of down town before as I know that time will get used up with stuff.


I got the last two items quilted yesterday.


Table runner - DONE



Customer quilt - DONE

And she wanted a different pattern in the border which took more time than just regular all over!!!!!


But things are delivered or being picked up today!!!!!  


I REALLY REALLY must learn time management skills.



Then we went out to dinner last night and look what M designed and had made for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new T-Shirt
I love it - I am wearing it TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have the BEST kid in the world. I love her and I am going to miss her a lot. I am going to miss home a lot, but this trip isn't about missing things or people - just because I am not with them, doesn't mean that they aren't part of my life. And I am just in Canada - there is the telephone!!!!






All packed and ready to go



Just have to zip out and walk the dogs this morning. I spent last evening getting packed. Amazing how everything fits in a big duffle, a bike box and a back pack and that is ALL I will own for the next eleven weeks. My tent, my bed, my chair, clothes, entertainment (very little of that), technology - all packed up so nicely. Someone commented on my blog - if only I could pack that light for quilt retreat!!!!!!!!!!!!    Yep - I go to retreat with WAY MORE than this!!!!!!!!!!



On that note - I am out of here to walk the dogs in the rain. I hope that is NOT an omen of the trip.



As I have NO IDEA what to expect - we are camping after all - I may NOT be able to blog every day. We have to take our turn at cooking dinner, we may have no electricity or no Wi-Fi. So bear with me - I shall try to even do a small post to say that I am still around. Just remember - NO news is good news!!!!!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments: