Friday, June 7, 2013

Dragon Star - The Final reveal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The other night we had our FINAL class for Dragon Star.

Remember that heavily paper pieced quilt designed by Quiltworx.




Here is what the students in the class accomplished. Now keep in mind that many of them are NOT quilters. They are garment sewers. Many had never paper pieced or had just learned. They did an OUTSTANDING job. I am very proud of all of them.

Sheila - beautiful colour combination - reminds me of the Arctic!

Lynn moves into the desert with her brown/beiges. Beautiful!!!!!

Judy did a southwestern colour scheme. Not quite done, but making a great effort!!!!   Can't wait to see that one done. 

Angela is going to quilt hers in sections. So she has the four quarters done - and will have fun this summer!!!!!  

Atty is NOT putting that outside border on hers. She is going to have a wavy edge table cloth!  

This belongs to Joyce. (I quilted it for her). Love those RED points on the star!!!!



Did you notice how the placement of different colours and values COMPLETELY changed the look and feel of the quilt?????   In some cases, you lose the traditional eight pointed star, but all the quilts were constructed in the SAME way.   I love seeing these results - same pattern - same paper pieced pattern and yet ALL the quilts are VERY VERY different.


Great job everyone. And yes there were a few who did not get the quilt done, but you have come a LONG WAY - don't let it become a UFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Details of Joyce's quilt

More details

The back - I changed both top and bobbin thread for all SIX colours I used on top!!!!




And there you have it. A GREAT project. We had a lot of fun - it was a great group of ladies. They all learned lots and I learned from them. That makes the class a total success. Now for those of you not done - a gentle nudge to try and get the top completed over the summer. Then when we get back together for the fall and our NEW PROJECT - you will have some wonderful show n tell for us.



So that leaves me with three quilts to quilt and two to baste. I'm doing OK - just no time to waste, but this morning I have some shopping to do. Going to check out the camp cots and the camp chairs (to see all the other models that MEC has in stock - going to a different MEC. Already called ahead and had the items set aside for me to test!!!!)


It is The Ride to Conquer Cancer this weekend. I will likely NOT have a chance to blog on Saturday or Sunday (you never know - I do have a couple of posts half done!),  but I will be updating Facebook if you are my friend.   Let's hope for decent weather!!!!!



Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment