Friday, October 24, 2014

Show n Tell..................


I had a lot of classes and sewing days this week and I have a few show n tell pictures to share with you.

Lynda's Row by Row Experience quilt top  - I love how she made that border from blocks that were in a row that she collected!!!!   


Speaking of Row by Row - the NEW THEME for the 2015 Row by Row will be announced VERY SOON.  

I pulled this from ZebraPatterns blog:

Janet and I have the theme for 2015 firmly in place. It is top secret and will be announced at Houston Market at the end of October. I just finished up the fabric line for 2015 RxR. I have to say I am very excited about the fabric. Last year’s fabric was good but it was a take off of the logo at the very last minute. This year the fabric is really my creative voice! Very exciting! Also the Fabric Plates™ for next year have a new twist! All fun things to look forward too!



So we have something to look forward to for next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am teaching a class on Inspirations for Machine Quilting.  The more I look, the more I am inspired and I am fired up to quilt. The class went away with their heads swimming full of ideas.  But they also had some awesome show n tell.


Celia made a gym bag for a friend of hers - love the fabric

And all the pockets are piped with a light fabric so they are easy to see!!!

Kay made this Halloween wall hanging.  Cute little ghosts and pumpkins!

Judy made a BIG quilt for her grand daughter which we saw a while back.  BUT now the dolls need quilts. This is for the doll bed. 

And look at the trim that Judy made for the pillow for the doll.   That is pretty awesome!!!!!

Nada had this great advent calendar.  Hard to see in the picture - but there are LIGHTS all around the perimeter.  BRILLIANT!!!!

Lois was working on this fabulous wall hanging. And quilting by hand!!!!


I probably missed a couple of pieces but very hard to keep track of all the show n tell. There is so much. It is so fun to see what every one is working on. And I see a LOT of people during my travels and I see a lot on a pretty regular basis. Hard to believe that we continue to find things to sew!!!!!!!!   Of course - they are just like me!!!!   Just look around - enough to sew for a couple of lifetimes!!!

On that note - I am out of here. Another adventure - next week my nose is going to be to the grindstone!!!!  Day and night - I will be attached to that quilting machine.

I am putting together a list of dates for classes and sit n sews from now until the end of the year.  I hope to post that on the blog and send out to my groups soon.  I will also be putting together a list of events/classes for 2015.  If you want to learn something specific, make a specific bag or quilt - let me know so I can see how that can be worked into the mix. Yes - there will be embroidery group next year, yes there will be sewing on Monday and some Thursdays, Yes - there will be an applique workshop once a month. There will be other smaller endeavours so let me know if there is something to be added - something you want and we will see how it all fits together.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment