Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Better late than never

Oh my goodness - it's late in the day, there just hasn't been time to post.

Despite the fact that the pilot announced that we would experience turbulence before we even take off, the flight was very smooth which is a good thing. I'm not a big fan of turbulence.

There is nothing sweeter than seeing your home city from the air. Arriving home and all is good. It took me all of 10 minutes to get off the plane, clear customs (thanks to the Nexus card) and no checked luggage. I was outside waiting for my ride. And the temperature was awesome. Oh yes - it was good!!!

When I got home, Miss Lexi and I went to the dog park. Fun to see her run around like an idiot, although she has been going regularily while I was away.

I braved a trip to the studio to see what kind of a mess I had left it in. Oh yes, it was a disaster.

I piled all the quilt cut off pieces on the cutting mat and time to tackle that. This is what it looked like when I started.


Cutting mat heaped with stuff that had to be dealt with
And this was the secondary work surface which also needed to be cleared off.

Secondary work surface also needs some work
By the time I called it quits for the evening, the cutting mat looked much better.

Improvement to the cutting area
Things got put away. Nothing was shuffled to another surface which is key when you want to clear things up!

The ironing board was my sorting station.

Sorting station
And everything got put away.


Clear ironing surface

Actually what happened is that I had a tea at 4 PM and whether it was the caffeine or it was something else like excitement to come to work, I could NOT sleep.  Needless to say, that cutting mat is now clear and I'm cutting fabric on it!!!   Go figure!

On that note, I've got loads to get done and need to keep pushing!

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment