Thursday, November 24, 2016

There really is a light at the end of the tunnel


As you probably guessed if you follow the blog, that the last month - let's say the last 6 weeks have been a bit crazy. My office at home, my office at work and my studio all look like tornados hit them.

I had loads of stuff to catch up at work and there was no time to tidy up. There were quilts everywhere in my space, there was paper, there was stuff! I had time yesterday to tidy it up and it actually looks not bad. OK - I'm not being truthful, but it looks better.

The studio and the home office are workable spaces, but total disasters and I'm hoping once the last of my urgents projects gets completed, that I'll have some time to work on them.  The best part is that I'm motivated BIG TIME to make this happen.  If I'm not motivated, nothing will happen!

This time of year is actually my favourite.  Why?  Not because of Christmas - that is the least thing on my mind.  No, it's my favourite because Christmas is on the minds of everyone else and that means things are quiet!  Guilds are winding down, classes are almost finished, no extra meetings, no crazy stuff - I do have one party to go to and that's one too many for me!   That means there is about ONE month of peace and quiet and I hope to enjoy every minute of it! And use it as the starting point of getting my act together.

Yesterday, I had to leave work early to deliver something and on my way home, I decided to stop at Chapter's. My goal was to peruse the magazines to see if anything new and exciting was there.  You don't know the situation here (you will soon) and let's just say that I do not need another magazine.

We get a lot of magazines at work, so that has definitely helped the situation, but I thought I would take a peek anyway. You'll be happy to note that I looked and I even contemplated buying one, but it was $19 so I left it and all the others at the store. No adding to a bad situation for me!

Now here's a funny story about reading. I refuse to buy a novel and am quite happy to borrow it from the library. Someone got me started on the Dalziel and Pascoe series by Reginal Hill.  I had read the first three and had no problems getting the books from the library. However No. 4 - The April Shroud was a problem.



The book was listed in the library catalogue, but it was aparently missing as I couldn't find it and the librarian couldn't find it. We decided to leave it ON HOLD in the event that it showed up.  None of you admitted to having the book. Anyway, while I was in Houston, guess what - the darn book showed up and I sent DH to the library to get it for me.

If you're not familiar with the author - he's British and the vocabulary is very country British.  Half the time, I've no idea what they're talking about!  OK - I can guess, but seriously, the vocabulary is quite colorful and I've had quite a few laughs reading the book.

Here's a note about the style of writing "The icon above says you're holding a book in the Felony & Mayhem "British" category. These books are set in or around the UK, and feature the highly literate, often witty prose that fans of British mystery demand."   The book was published in 1975.

It has taken me a while to read this book and I got a notice that it was due back at the library.  Oh shoot - well I went to renew it and WHAT?  it has HOLDS???   Thank goodness they found it for me so now someone else can also read it.  I did manage to finish it off last night and returning it today - one day overdue, but if I hurry to the library, maybe I can sneak it in before they start checking books in from the book return!

Check out the QUILTsocial blog today.  Some great tips on when and how to secure the ends of your seams.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers!  Don't over do the turkey!

Have a great day!

Ciao!!!

WAIT - I think Miss Lexi has something to say as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment