Monday, November 7, 2016

The last day of Quilt Festival 2016

Yesterday was the last day of Quilt Festival and we all survived!!!

I was at the convention center shortly before 8 AM, but they wouldn't let us on the floor until 8. No worries. I dropped stuff at our booth and then hurried over to the quilts. I managed to get through them all, took tons of pictures. I spent a fair amount of time in the IQA show quilts. There were a LOT of categories where I questioned why this quilt or that quilt won a prize, while others did not.  There were a lot of questions in my mind and would have been fun to be in the judging session.

I had a couple of meetings yesterday so wasn't doing my regular spiel with our little chips, which was a good thing as it gave a chance for some of the others to be included in the fun.

I had a list and I was sticking to the list as there were a few patterns that I wanted to get. Might as well get them while I'm here. I also had a few errands to do, check out a few other places, chat to a few more people. It was kind of like my prepping for the shows - the closer it got to the end of the day, I started to prioritize the places to visit and what I wanted.

I could have bought more, I'm coming home with cash and I didn't use my credit card, except when we went to visit Joey the dog's store. I did run into one more person that I knew and of course had to get a picture with Jenny.
Me and Jenny Doan
I know that I'm not wearing my orange scarf, I think it was the only day. I decided with the sweater that I was going to be too hot.  But that darn convention center was cold as ice and I probably could have used the orange scarf. I get it that you don't want the attendees fainting from the heat, but it was COLD!

Then we had the funtastic task of tearing down the booth.  It actually went pretty fast, but then we had to wait for the crate to arrive so we could pack it up. Let's just say that with all the dealings I had with the show office, I got to know those people pretty well. But we all had fun and that's what it's all about. They moved in the smaller stuff to the vendors first, like their empty palettes and then started to move in the crates, but I think we had to wait about 45 minutes for it.

We're getting good about packing up and everything got loaded, we had less stuff than when we came so that was a good thing. I got one more box of stuff on this crate -yep - three boxes of stuff came home with me.  Not sure what all that is, but I'll get the fun of going through it when the crates come back.  And three items were not available at the show, so they are being shipped to me. Actually, now that I think of it, there are other items from Market that are also being shipped to me.  It's going to be like Christmas!

We had a helping hand from Susan Claire (the scooter lady who is also known as The Gourmet Quilter) from New Zealand.  And we ended the day by having dinner together. I was so tired that I could barely stay awake. But then I'm wide awake at 3 AM.  I do not need to be wide awake at 3 AM so I got up and wrote some more notes, read for a bit, and at last, I was able to fall asleep.

Speaking of my book, I was part way through this book when I left home. I debated bringing another one (and I did - but an audio book).  I haven't even finished this one but will have time on the plane to finish it.

So my computer decided to die in the middle of this post. Fortunately, with auto-save, I didn't lose everything. Good grief, not sure what that was all about.

I've got time this morning to have a leisurely breakfast and then we leave for the airport. And back home later this afternoon and then the whirlwind will begin all over again. Actually, it's going to be a pretty fun week and I can't wait!!

On that note, I'd better finish packing and get downstairs to breakfast.

Have an awesome day!!!!

Ciao!!!!


1 comment: