Friday, November 18, 2016

Speaking of calendars......

It's going to be the most amazing day today!  Why?  Just got a feeling. Had a great sleep, knees are in pretty good shape (despite the fact that I haven't been taking the Sierrasil - who can remember?), had an awesome workout at the gym, Tim's has a new cup design for the holidays and well everyone I've spoken to so far this morning has been CHEERY and HAPPY and that's cause enough to have a great day!!!!

But speaking of calendars, I can't wait to get my new one up. I know, don't rush the days, but I'm super excited to post things on my calendar - like a picture of Tish's laundry basket!   I'm not going to let that one slip by.  Oh no - I'm up for a challenge and it's all her fault! 

I'm not sure if you're aware of this next calendar, but this is the PIECEMAKERS Times and Seasons calendar.  The first one was produced in 1988 and this is their THIRTIETH calendar.  


2017 PIECEMAKERS Calendar
Not only is this a calendar, but that picture on the front? That's a quilt pattern that's included in the calendar. The first ones were squares that were sewn together with alternate blocks to make a quilt. They got very creative as time went on and somewhere around 1997, the patterns became a large scenic quilt. They're all beautiful and LOADS of work.  Lots of room for embellishment as well.

Please stop by their web page to see the calendar covers from 1993 to 2017.

If you know me well enough, I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to collecting things. I like collecting things, I like series of things and YES, I have ALL of the PIECEMAKERS calendars with the exception of ONE!

My PIECEMAKERS calendar collection
And yes, there are many that still have the shrink wrap on them. I'm OK with that. They belong to me after all and I'm allowed to do with them what I want.

But here's the thing, I would love to get my hands on that 1988 PIECEMAKERS calendar. I know someone who has one, but I know she doesn't want to sell to me!  Right Carol? It was easy to find the early ones on eBay, but only once did that 1988 one come up and Carol bought it in a group of others. I never saw it and good thing or we would have had a bidding war! I don't do bidding wars anymore. While I'd like to have it, I'm not as silly as I used to be. But if you see one or you have one and don't want it - well......   just sayin!

The 2017 calendar is very interesting as they have chosen bits and pieces from the other calendars so it's fun to see what came from where. The train was from 2000, the lighthouses were from 1999 and so on.   What an interesting way to pull all those components together.

On that note, I'm out of here.  Got a lot of things to get accomplished and better get started!

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment